China – New Zealand Doctoral Research Scholarships (CNZDRS)
As an outcome of the FTA negotiations, the New Zealand Government and the Government of the Peoples Republic of China have established a reciprocal Government Doctoral Research Scholarships programme.
The China – New Zealand Doctoral Research Scholarships (CNZRDS) are funded by the Government of the Peoples Republic of China and administered by the China Scholarship Council. The CNZDRS provide financial support for up to 10 New Zealand students each year to undertake a doctoral degree in Chinese universities.
China – New Zealand Doctoral Research Scholarship Eligibility :
Applicants must :
- Be New Zealand citizens or Permanent Residents (and not be Chinese citizens)
- Have a masters’ degree from a New Zealand university
- Be under the age of 40
- Be applying to study at a Chinese University eligible to accept international students under the CN government scholarship programme
Value of Doctoral Research Scholarship :
- Monthly living allowance of CNY 2,000 Yuan;
- One – off settlement subsidy after registration;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China;
- One – off inter – city travel subsidy
- Scholars are exempt from registration fees, tuition fees, laboratory fees, fees for internship, fees for basic learning materials and accommodation on campus.
Closing Date : 1st October 2010.