DG Bowler Scholarship in Soil Science , New ZealandScholarships » Newzealand »
DG Bowler Scholarship in Soil Science 2011, New Zealand
DG Bowler Scholarship in Soil Science, Research, Massey University, New Zealand
This scholarship arises from a fund established as a memorial to Dermot G. Bowler who was a member of Massey Agricultural College (later Massey University) staff from 1946 to 1982.
1. The D.G. Bowler Scholarship in Soil Science shall have a value determined each year from the interest earned on the capital and be open to students enrolled full time for a postgraduate degree or postgraduate diploma in Soil Science administered by the College of Sciences.
2. The D.G. Bowler Scholarship shall be awarded annually as funds permit on the recommendation of the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee provided that candidates are of sufficient academic merit.
3. The selection of a suitable recipient shall be made by the Head of the Institute of Natural Resources or their nominee who shall advise the Chairperson of the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee of the choice.
Selection shall be based on the candidate’s academic attainment. Preference may be given to candidates who have a significant component of Soil Water Management in their postgraduate programme.
4. The monies shall be paid in May.
5. In recommending the award of the scholarship the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee shall take account of other scholarships and bursaries held with a view to achieving a reasonable distribution of monies among qualifying candidates.
6. At the discretion of the University all, or part, of the annual interest may be reinvested in order to maintain the value of the capital fund.
7. Applications close with the Scholarships Office, Graduate Research School on 10 March in the year in which the award is to be made.
Application forms (ASSC.3) are available from Massey Contact, 0800 627 739.
E – mail : Contact@massey.ac.nz
Application Deadline : 10 – 03 – 2011.