Farmers’ Union Scholarship 2011, New Zealand
Farmers’ Union Scholarship, Research, Massey University, New Zealand
In 1924, a sum of $ 2, 110 was received from the late Sir James Wilson by Victoria University College for the foundation of a scholarship to be known as ‘The Farmers’ Union Scholarship’. In 1929, the Council of Victoria University College, with the consent of the donor, transferred the Scholarship Fund to Massey Agricultural College, now Massey University.
1. The Farmers’ Union Scholarships shall be open to graduates of any New Zealand University who are enrolled full – time for a postgraduate degree or a postgraduate diploma in Applied Academic Programme disciplines relevant to agriculture or horticulture (paper prefix of 111, 112, 117, 119, 138, 171, 188, 189, 238 and 239) at Massey University. The Scholarships shall have a value determined each year from the interest earned on the capital.
2. The Farmers’ Union Scholarships shall be awarded annually as funds permit on the recommendation of the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee provided that applications are of sufficient merit. The award shall be based on the candidate’ s academic attainment.
3. In recommending the award of the scholarships the Academic Board shall take account of other scholarships and bursaries held with a view to achieving a reasonable distribution of monies among qualifying candidates.
4. Payment is made in May.
5. At the discretion of the University all, or part, of the annual interest may be reinvested in order to maintain the value of the capital fund.
6. The Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee may withdraw or suspend an award at anytime if the recipient fails to make satisfactory academic progress.
7. Applications close with the Scholarships Office on 10 March in the year in which the award is to be made.
Application forms (ASSC.3) are available from Massey Contact, 0800 627 739.
E – mail : Contact@massey.ac.nz
Application Deadline : 10 – 03 – 2011.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.