George Terry Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is supported by the gift of $1,500 by Mr F. Terry of Ngongotaha in memory of his son, a graduate of Massey College who was killed in action in Italy in July 1944.
- The George Terry Memorial Scholarship shall have a value determined each year from the interest earned on the capital and be open to all students of Massey University enrolled in an honours degree or postgraduate diploma in Applied Academic Programme disciplines relevant to agriculture or horticulture (prefix of 111, 112, 117, 119, 138, 171, 188, 189, 238 or 239).
- The scholarship shall be awarded as funds permit on the recommendation of the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee provided that applications are of sufficient merit. The award shall be based on the candidate’s academic attainment.
- In recommending the award of the scholarship the Applied Academic Programs Scholarships Committee shall take account of other scholarships and bursaries held with a view to achieving a reasonable distribution of monies among qualifying candidates.
- The monies shall be paid in May.
- Applications close with the Scholarships Office, Graduate Research School on 10 March in the year in which the award is to be made. Application forms (ASSC.3) are available from Massey Contact, 0800 627 739.
Application Deadline for George Terry Memorial Scholarship : 10/03/2011
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.