Goodman Family Scholarships
In 2001 Sir Patrick Goodman and his family established a scholarship fund to enable scholarships to be granted to graduates of Massey University who are enrolled in a postgraduate programme in either the College of Business, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences or the College of Sciences at Massey University.
- Three scholarships shall be awarded annually as follows :
- Each scholarship shall have a value up to $10,000 and be tenable in New Zealand or overseas for one year. Scholars may apply in successive years subject to meeting the eligibility criteria and the Committee may recommend such applicants be granted further Goodman Family Scholarships.
- Applicants must be Massey University graduates enrolled in either the College of Business, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences or the College of Sciences and be undertaking either :-
- Candidates must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- The scholarship shall be awarded on academic merit on the recommendation of the Selection Committee and will be administered according to the University Council Statute 10 January 2001.
- The Selection Committee for each scholarship shall be the Chairperson of the Scholarships Committee or their nominee, the College Representative on the Scholarships Committee for the College of Business, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, and College of Sciences. The Committee will then make recommendations to the Goodman Family for approval.
- The scholarship monies shall be paid in two equal instalments in August and October.
- The Goodman Family Scholarship may be held concurrently with any other bursary or scholarship provided the rules applicable to the other scholarship or bursary permit the recipient to hold another scholarship and provided the recipient is known by the University as a Goodman Scholar.
- The Selection Committee may refrain from making an award in the event of there being no suitable applicant.
- Applications close with the Scholarships Office, Graduate Research School on 31 March. Application forms are available from Massey Contact at each campus.
·One scholar to be selected from the College of Business
·One scholar to be selected from the College of Humanities and Social Sciences
·One scholar to be selected from the College of Sciences.
·A postgraduate course with a New Zealand characteristic; or
·A postgraduate course with a foreseeable benefit to New Zealand;
AND where the recipient of the scholarship is likely to remain in New Zealand or return to New Zealand after a short period overseas.
Application Deadline for Goodman Family Scholarship : 31/03/2011