Ian Axford (New Zealand) Fellowships in Public Policy
Fellowship for those students who are USA citizen with at least five years of experience in your profession.
Study Subject : Public Policy.
Employer : Fulbright New Zealand.
Level : Doctoral.
Established in 1995 by the New Zealand Government to reinforce links between New Zealand and the US, the Fellowships provide the opportunity for participants to gain firsthand knowledge of public policy in New Zealand, including economic, social and political reforms and management of the government sector.
Three to four Fellowships will be awarded each year.
The program has three goals :
- To reinforce New Zealand – United States links by enabling Americans of high intellectual ability and leadership potential to come to New Zealand to gain experience and build contacts in the field of public policy development;
- To help improve the practice of public policy in New Zealand and the United States by the cross – fertilization of ideas and experience in the two countries; and
- To build a network of public policy experts on both sides of the Pacific, and encourage ongoing policy exchange between New Zealand and the United States.
Fellows will be based at a relevant government agency in Wellington and carefully paired with a leading policy expert who will serve as their mentor. In addition, they will be expected to spend a substantial part of their Fellowship in contact with other relevant organisations to gain practical experience in their field in New Zealand.
These contacts may include an extended or part – time placement. Candidates are expected to have made contact with the organisation(s) in New Zealand they wish or expect to be placed with, prior to applying.
Final decisions on placement will be made by the Fellowships Office, after full consultation with Fellows, host organisations, and the program’s expert advisors.
At the conclusion of their fellowships, before returning to the United States, Fellows will be required to submit a policy report for publication by the Fellowships Office and to participate in a report – back seminar where they make an oral presentation to an invited audience and interested members of the public.
Ian Axford Fellowship Eligibility
You should :
- Be a US citizen with at least five years of experience in your profession;
- Be a mid – career professional active in any part of the public, business or non – profit sector;
- Be a potential leader and opinion – former in your chosen field;
- Have an interest in learning from your experience in New Zealand and capable of putting to effective use in the US, any policy lessons learned.
- NZ$1,500 per month if on paid leave with full salary;
- NZ$2,500 per month if on paid leave with partial salary;
- NZ$5,000 per month if unable to obtain paid leave;
- Return travel to and from New Zealand for a fellow, partner and two children up to age 18;
- NZ$1,500 per month for family to accompany a fellow (provided partner is without employment, grant or fellowship).
Application Deadline : 1st March 2011.
For further fellowship information and application please visit : http://www.fulbright.org.nz/awards/am-ian-axford.html#process.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.