PGG Wrightson Scholarship 2011, New Zealand
PGG Wrightson Scholarship, Research, New Zealand
PGG Wrightson Scholarships were established in 1992 by Wrightson to mark 150 years service to the rural community and to encourage high calibre young people from that community to improve their knowledge and skills.
1. There shall be up to two PGG Wrightson Scholarships, each to the value of $ 1,500 per annum.
2. The PGG Wrightson Scholarships shall be open to Massey University students normally resident in New Zealand and enrolled full – time for a BApplSc (Hons) degree or the DipApplSc program (paper prefix of 111, 112, 117, 119, 138, 171, 188 or 189) or the BBS (Hons) degree.
Candidates enrolled for the BBS (Hons) degree must demonstrate a strong bias towards a career in the agribusiness sector.
3. Candidates should have a background in rural land – based pursuits e.g. farming, forestry or horticulture and, if appropriate, be prepared to work during the vacations with PGG Wrightson.
Evidence of their intention to work in or for a rural based activity on completion of their studies is expected.
4. The PGG Wrightson Scholarships shall be awarded annually by the Applied Science Scholarships Committee provided that applications are of sufficient academic merit. A representative of PGG Wrightson will approve the recommendation.
5. Account may be taken of other scholarships and bursaries held with a view to achieving a reasonable distribution of monies among qualifying candidates.
6. The awards shall be paid in May.
7. Applications close with the Scholarships Office, Graduate Research School on 10 March in the year in which the scholarships are awarded. Application forms (ASSC.3) are available from Massey Contact, 0800 627 739, email : Contact@massey.ac.nz
Application Deadline : 10 – 03 – 2011.