Speech Language Therapy Scholarship, New Zealand
Masters and Bachelors Scholarships in Speech at University of Auckland, Canterbury and Massey. The Speech Language Therapy Scholarship is in place to support students who want to train as speech language therapists and who intend to work with children in the education sector.
Purpose of the Award :
The Ministry is offering these scholarships to both help build the capability of the speech language therapist workforce and to provide children from a range of cultural backgrounds with more culturally responsive services.
Duration and Structure of Study of Speech Language Therapy Scholarship :
There are three courses of study supported by this scholarship :
- Bachelor of Speech – Language Therapy offered by the University of Canterbury ( four years full – time )
- Bachelor of Speech – Language Therapy offered by Massey University – Albany campus ( four years full – time )
- Master of Speech – Language Therapy ( Practica l ) offered by the University of Auckland – Tamaki campus ( two years full – time )
Speech Language Therapy Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be accepted onto one of the course of study.
- Be studying full time.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency.
- Not be repeating a failed course.
We will give priority to applicants who (in descending order of priority):
- can demonstrate proficiency in te reo Māori or te reo Rangatira ( NCEA level 2 equivalent or a higher qualification or equivalent )
- can demonstrate proficiency in a Pasifika language ( NCEA level 2 equivalent or a higher qualification or equivalent )
- are of Māori or Pasifika descent
- can demonstrate proficiency in a spoken language in addition to English that is widely used by children attending early childhood centres and schools in New Zealand ( NCEA level 2 equivalent or higher qualification or equivalent ).
How to Apply for Speech Language Therapy Scholarship
Apply for the Speech Language Therapy Scholarship by completing the application form (see below) and sending it to the contact for your region.
Speech Language Therapy Scholarship Important Dates
|1||Applications close||30th January, 2017|
|2||Applications processed and selections made||28th February, 2017|
|3||Applicants notified||30th March, 2017|
Far North to Auckland :
Wiremu Manaia, Pouwhakarewa Matauranga Northern Region
Ministry of Education, Private Bag 92644,
Symonds Street, Auckland 1150
Phone : 09 632 9345
E – mail : email@example.com [no spam]
Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Gisborne, Hawkes Bay :
Kris MacDonald, Pouwhakarewa Matauranga Central North Region
Ministry of Education, P O Box 774,
Phone : 07 850 8884
E – mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Taranaki, Manawatu – Wanganui, Wellington :
Tuti Katene, Pouwhakarewa Matauranga Central South Region
Ministry of Education, P. O Box 8158,
New Plymouth 4342
Phone : 04 439 4699
E – mail : email@example.com
South Island :
Ministry of Education
P. O Box 1666,
Phone : 04 463 7065
E – mail : SpecialEdWorkforce@minedu.govt.nz
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.