Te Tipu Putaiao Fellowships, New Zealand
The objective of Te Tipu Putaiao Fellowships is to unlock the innovation potential of Maori knowledge, people and resources for the benefit of New Zealand. To achieve this, the fellowships support students to develop their science and Maori knowledge research capability.
The Foundation is offering Fellowships per year to students completing a masterate, PhD, or post – doctoral work in a science, technology or engineering disciplines. (Applicants undertaking a Masterate or PhD in health are not eligible.)
Up to four awards in total may be in another complementary discipline, for example, social sciences, humanities, management. In addition, up to two Bridge to Employment awards are available. There are two opportunities to apply each year (1 April and 2 September 2010).
Funding available : Te Tipu Putaiao Fellowships
Qualification Stipend (per annum) :
- Masterate $ 10,000 2 years
- Doctorate $ 25,000 3 years
- Postoctoral $ 58,000 3 years
Tuition Fees (up to $ 5,000 per annum) :
- Masterate Paid
- Doctorate Paid
- Postdoctoral n/a
Research Related Costs :
- Masterate $ 2,500
- Doctorate $ 10,000
- Postdoctoral $ 29,000
Other course or skills development (per annum) :
- Masterate $ 1,000
- Doctorate $ 2,500
- Postdoctoral $ 3,000
Maximum Full – Time Tenure :
- Masterate 2 years
- Doctorate 3 years
- Postdoctoral 3 years
Bridge to Employment : Salary contribution (up to a maximum of) Maximum Duration is $ 36,250 1 year
Research Themes :
All research proposals must demonstrate relevance and contribution to one of the four following Vision Matauranga Research themes :
- Indigenous Innovation : Contributing to the development of distinctive commercial products, processes or services that arise from Maori knowledge, people and resources.
- Taiao : Achieving environmental sustainability through Iwi and Hapu relationships with land and sea .
- Oranga : Improving social well – being .
- Matauranga : Exploring the interface between indigenous knowledge and matauranga Maori.
- All proposals must also arise from or contribute to Maori knowledge as defined in the Request for Proposals.
Applying for the relevant application form.
How to Apply for Te Tipu Putaiao Fellowship :
For all the information you need to apply, visit : http://www.frst.govt.nz/funding/students/
Application Deadline : 02 – 09 – 2010.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.