William Walter Dunsterville Scholarship, New Zealand
The William Walter Dunsterville Scholarship was established for the purpose of supporting students who otherwise would not have the financial means to attend Lincoln University.
Number and Value :
The William Walter Dunsterville Scholarships will provide funding of up to $ 6000 towards tuition fees. The number of scholarships available annually will be determined by the Vice – Chancellor.
Eligibility for William Walter Dunsterville Scholarship :
To be eligible to apply an applicant
- Must be registered to study at Lincoln University, or become registered to study at Lincoln University, by the commencement of the next semester after this award is made, and
- Must be born in New Zealand.
William Walter Dunsterville Scholarship Selection Criteria : The William Walter Dunsterville Scholarship will be awarded based on financial need.
Selection Committee :
The William Walter Dunsterville Scholarship shall be awarded by the Lincoln University Council on recommendation of a selection committee which shall comprise :
- The convener of the Scholarships Committee or nominee, and
- Two members of the Scholarships Committee.
- The William Walter Dunsterville Scholarship shall be tenable for one year. Previous recipients are eligible to reapply in subsequent years.
- The scholarship is tenable with any other Scholarship or Bursary except those listed below.
- The William Walter Dunsterville Scholarship is not tenable with the following scholarships :
- Lincoln University Doctoral Scholarship.
- Lincoln University Graduate Scholarship.
- William Machin Scholarship for Excellence.
- During the course of their studies, the successful recipient may be required to participate or support any on – campus promotional activities as specified by Lincoln University.
Payment of the William Walter Dunsterville Scholarship :
- Payments shall be made to the recipients’ Lincoln University Tuition Fees account upon registration in their chosen degree.
- Should a scholar withdraw from study at any time during the tenure of the scholarship, they shall not be eligible for any refund of the scholarship.
Concessions : The Vice – Chancellor may relax or modify the application of any of these regulations in special circumstances or in order to avoid hardship to any scholar or candidate for a scholarship.
William Walter Dunsterville Scholarship Applications : An application form can be obtained from the Lincoln University Scholarships Website www.lincoln.ac.nz/scholar and must be submitted to :
P. O Box 94,
Canterbury, New Zealand.
Applications must be received by 1st October annually no later than 4.30pm.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.