NITTTR Full-time Doctoral Research FellowshipScholarships »
National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research Full Time Doctoral Research Fellowship 2013
The National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research ( NITTTR ), Chennai is one of the four autonomous organisations established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, with a chief aim of improving the quality of technical education in India. Established in 1964, this Institute has devoted itself to the training of teachers from Polytechnics and Engineering colleges in Southern Region comprising the four States of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamilnadu and the Union Territory of Pondicherry.
A good number of teachers of Polytechnics and Engineering colleges and members of the NITTTR faculty started showing keen interest in research. Thus the Institute reached the level of recognition by the University of Madras as a doctoral research centre in the inter-disciplinary area of Engineering Education from April 1993. Currently 48 scholars are doing research in Engineering Education. Most of them are working in Industries, Directorates of Technical Education, Engineering colleges and Polytechnics. Till date, Ph. D Degree has been awarded to 58 Scholars.
NITTTR, Chennai is affiliated to the University of Madras for the Doctoral Degree Programme in Engineering Education (Inter-disciplinary). As the Ph.D. Programme of the Institute is affiliated to the University of Madras all the rules and regulations prescribed by the University from time to time will apply to the candidates selected as Research Fellows. The candidates selected will be required to apply for admission into Ph.D. Programme of University of Madras.
NITTTR Doctoral Research Fellowship Eligibility :
For purposes of admission in to the Ph.D. Programme in Engineering Education and getting the fellowship from NITTTR, the following are the eligibility conditions :
- The candidate should have obtained a Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Computer Applications / Electronic Media / Visual Communication / Environmental Science / Physics / Chemistry / Maths / English / Commerce / Management / Psychology / Sociology / Education / HRD or any other discipline related to Engineering Education. The candidate should have secured first class at Master’s degree with atleast 60% marks or equivalent Grade.
- The candidates who have studied their Master’s Degree Course through Correspondence will not be eligible.
- The candidate should have passed two year Post Graduate Degree Course after 3 year Degree Course and Higher Secondary of 12 years duration or Pre-University under 11 year SSLC + 1 year or 10 +2 pattern. Candidates who have passed the P.G. Degree Examination with less than 17 years of total duration of the course are not eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
- The candidate should not be getting salary or pension or fellowship from any other source.
NITTTR PhD Fellowship Age limit :
Candidates less than 40 years of age alone are eligible ( age relaxation will be given to SC / ST / OBC / PD candidates as per Government of India’s norms ).
Maximum number of NITTTR PhD Fellowships and Reservation of Seats :
The maximum number of full time research fellows to be selected per year is 10. The statutory provisions ( as per Government of India’s regulation ) for reservation of seats will be available to the candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC and Persons with Disabilities ( PD ).
Selection Procedure for NITTTR Fellowship :
The selection of fellows will be made by a selection committee constituted by the Director. The selection committee will conduct a written test on “Teaching & Research Aptitude”. The written test will also be used as a Screening test i.e. only those candidates who score above a cut off point ( to be specified by the selection committee ) will be interviewed.
The weightage for different parameters of selection is given below :
|TN TET Exam Date||TNTET Time Schedule||TN TET Paper|
|August, 2014||10.00 A.M. - 1.00 P.M.||Paper - II|
The syllabus for the written test, pattern of the question paper and sample questions can be downloaded from the institute’s website ( www.nitttrc.ac.in ).
NITTTR 2013 Fellowship Amount :
The duration of the fellowship will be for a period of 3 years with provision for extension of one more year.
The rate of fellowship amount is given below.
1. For holders of M.E. / M.Tech. or equivalent
- First and Second year ₹ 14,000≠ per month
- Third and Fourth year ₹ 15,000≠ per month
2. For holders of M.Sc. / M.C.A. / M.B.A. or equivalent
- First and Second year ₹ 12,000≠ per month
- Third and Fourth year ₹ 14,000≠ per month
Full time fellows have to pay the admission fees and tuition fees to NITTTR, Chennai as per the prescribed rates, which may be revised from time to time.
The present rates of fees are as follows :
- Admission Fee : ₹ 2,000/- ( one time payment )
- Tuition Fees : ₹ 10,000/- per semester ( There will be two semesters in a year )
The fellow will be required to bear the cost of application forms such as for admission, registration, submission of synopsis and thesis and pay all required fees to the University of Madras.
NITTTR Ph.D Fellowship Application Procedure :
Information Brochure along with Application form can be downloaded from NITTTR website ( www.nitttrc.ac.in ). While submitting the downloaded application form, the candidates have to send a Demand Draft for ₹ 500/- ( ₹ 250/- in the case of SC / ST / PD candidates ) drawn in favour of “The Director, NITTTR, Chennai” payable at Chennai.
The completed application form along with attested copies of all mark sheets, certificates and other required enclosures ( as per the checklist enclosed with the application form ) should be sent to the following address before the prescribed last date i.e. 30th June, 2013. ( Please write “Application for Doctoral Research Fellowship Programme” on the Cover ).
National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research,
Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
Tamil Nadu, India.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.