Prime Minister Rural Development Fellows SchemeScholarships »
PMRDFS 2014 Scholarship Programs
Prime Minister Rural Development Fellows applications are sought through an open advertisement across the country. All candidates fulfilling the criteria shall appear for an online test scheduled on Sunday, 15th December, 2013 from any of the 40 centres across the country. Those wishing to apply should fill an online form with an application processing fee of [rupee] 750. Candidates from SC and ST categories with income below the level stipulated by the GoI are required to pay [rupee] 250.
PMRDFS Scholarship 2014 Eligibility Criteria
Prime Minister Rural Development Fellows Scheme eligibility criteria for selection as a PMRD Fellow shall be the following :
Essential criteria :
- Age between 22 – 27 years at the time of application. For candidates belonging to SC / ST category, the maximum age limit will be 32 years.
- At the minimum a graduate from a recognized university / institute with a four-year degree course, including those like Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Engineering, Law, Medicine etc., or a post – graduate from a recognized University / Institute ( in case of a graduate holding degree of a course duration of three years or less ). Those with degree from universities outside India that are recognised by Association of Indian Universities can also apply. Only those candidates who have completed all requirements and received degree are eligible to apply.
- At least 50% marks in the aggregate or equivalent grade at the graduate or Post – graduate level, whichever is qualifying.
- Physical fitness, certified by Government Medical Hospital due to the arduous nature of work involved.
Desirable Criteria :
- Knowledge of local language and customs.
- Work experience in related fields.
- Excellence in extra – curricular activities like art, culture, sports etc. at High School / College level.
- Leadership role in College / High School / Work Place.
Reservation : 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes and 15% for Scheduled Tribes.
PMRDFS Scholarship 2014 Application Process
- Candidates are not required submit mark sheets, degree certificates, reference letters and fitness certificate along with the application.
- Only those candidates finally selected are required to submit mark sheets and degree certificates. The Selection Committee reserves the right to seek additional information from persons listed as references, employers, etc.
- Fill the application and submit it online. The applicant will receive an acknowledgement of its receipt. All information asked for must be provided. Make sure to review the application for its completeness. Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected. Those giving wrong information in the online application form but get through AICAT will be rejected at the time of verification before final selection. Anyone found to have given wrong information and false certificates are liable for immediate dismissal and penal action at any stage of selection process or fellowship.
- Refer to the list on the left, for location of assessment centres.
Three stage assessment process includes :
- All India Competency Assessment Test ( AICAT ) ( Online ) : 28th December, 2013
AICAT is an assessment of their understanding and orientation, and problem – solving abilities in a positive manner. Applicants will be shortlisted based on their performance in the AICAT.
- PMRDFS Written Test ( Issue based ) : 16th January, 2014
- PMRDFS Personal Interview : 16th & 17th of January, 2014
Shortlisted candidates will be tested using tools like essay writing & interview to ascertain their motivation, leadership, professional skills and pro – poor orientation.
PMRDFS Scholarship 2014 Selection / Assessment Criteria
Prime Minister Rural Development Fellows Merit list will be prepared on the basis of weighted performance in All India Competency Assessment Test, final round written test, and Personal Interview. Final Merit List will be based on weighted total score in three assessment instruments.
|I] All India Competency Assessment Test ( AICAT ) online.|
Based on AICAT cut - off specific to GN, SC, ST groups, 1000 candidates will be called for next stage of selection :
|Final Assessment Stage|
|II] Written Test ( Issue / Social and economic issue based )||40||0.2|
|III] Personal Interview||60||0.3|
PMRDFS Scholarship 2014 Selection Schedule
|6th November, 2013||Announcement Inviting Applications Online Application process opens|
|15th December, 2013||Last date of submission of completed application|
|28th December, 2013||All India Competency Assessment Test ( Online )|
|31st December, 2013||Announcement of merit list based on the All India Competency Assessment Test ( AICAT ) separately for GN, SC, ST groups for progression to final stage of selection. Short - listed candidates must indicate preferred location from the list - Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Cochin, Bhopal, Raipur, Allahabad, Guwahati - for appearing in the final stage of selection.|
|16th & 17th January, 2014||Final Stage of Selection : Written test ( issues focused ) followed by Personal Interview|
|28th January, 2014 ||Publication of 1st Merit list of 140 candidates ( merit list as per reservation norms )|
|4th February, 2014 ||2nd merit list to fill vacant positions.|