Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme 2015
West Block – IV, Wing – VII,
2nd Floor, R.K. Puram,
New Delhi – 110066,
E-Mail : email@example.com.
Website : www.desw.gov.in.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme was introduced from the Academic year 2006-07. To encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows ( below officer rank only ) and dependent wards / widows of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel who died / disabled in harness due to causes attributable to Military Service / Coast Guard Service, irrespective of the rank.
PMSS Scholarships Available : A total number of 4000 students will be selected.
Eligibility for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme 2015
- Students who have taken admission in 2015 are only eligible to apply for PMSS 2015 – 16. Students should have scored 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification ( MEQ ) i.e 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation.
- Students who are Dependent Wards / Widows of Ex Servicemen & Ex Coast Guard personnel who died in harness / disabled due to causes attributable to military service / coast guard service, irrespective of the rank.
- Dependent wards of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows ( below officer rank only ).
How to Apply for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme 2015
One candidate to submit only one application form for one course, if any candidate submit two applications for more than one course, both the applications will be rejected. Forms are to be downloaded from the website www.desw.gov.in. Application forwarded in any other format will not be considered.
Application to be forwarded on plain A4 size paper ( typed or handwritten ) in the prescribed format duly completed in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for the Academic Year 2015-16”.
Last date of receipt of application at respective RSB / Coast Guard Headquarter is 30th November, 2015.
Selection Procedure for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme
Applications will be shortlisted based on Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard category and percentage of marks obtained in MEQ.
Priority for Grant of Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme
Order of preference for selection of candidates will be as under :-
- Category 1 Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel killed in action.
- Category 2 – Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled in action and boarded out of service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard service.
- Category 3 – Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel who died while in service for causes attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
- Category 4 – Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled in service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
- Category 5 – Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel in receipt of gallantry awards.
- Category 6 – Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel ( PBOR Only ).
PMSS Eligible Courses 2015
Professional Degree Courses like BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, B Ed, BBA, BCA, B Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India, UGC. (Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA, MCA). Students can see the list of eligible courses for details. Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme. Students getting stipend for the Professional Degree Courses are also not entitled. No distance learning course is permitted under PMSS. PMSS can be availed for one course only.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Integrated Courses
The facility under PMSS is restricted for Professional Degree Course only, such as B Ed but not for BA+B Ed, also for LLB not for BA+LLB. In case of integrated ME / M.Tech / M.Pharma initial four years scholarship will be given.
Minimum Marks in MEQ should be 60%
MEQ for entry to various Professional Courses differs e.g. for MBBS it is 10+2 where as for BE / B Tech it is 10+2 / Diploma, It is graduation for B Ed and MBA. A candidate must have minimum 60% marks in MEQ to be considered for scholarship.
PMSS Duration of Scholarship 2015
Two to five years as duration of the course approved by the concerned Regulatory Body (Except one year for B Ed).
Amount of Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme 2015
The amount of scholarship would be as follows :
- 2000/- per month for boys
- 2250/- per month for girls
paid annually after selection
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme Payment of Scholarship 2015
First payment will be paid automatically just after the selection in merit list of 4000 candidates. For subsequent payments the candidate should submit the Payment cum Renewal Form alongwith Bonafide Certificate for subsequent Payment of PMSS (as per specimen attached) duly signed by the Principal / Dean / Registrar of the Institution / College directly to Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB), R K Puram, New Delhi on completion of their each academic year, till completion of the course. For subsequent payments 50% marks are mandatory in each semester / academic year.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme Account Details 2015
All candidates to open bank account in State Bank of India or Punjab National Bank which has “electronic clearance system” / Core Banking, to facilitate transfer of the scholarship amount. In case of minor account of any candidate, the same must be converted into major account. In case of minor account a joint account with parent will also fulfill the requirement. Candidate to attach self attested photocopy of 1st page of passbook, showing name and account number. A cancelled leaflet of a blank crossed cheque showing the account number & name of account holder(s)