Embassy Silver Jubilee and Homi Bhabha Scholarship 2013
Silver Jubilee Scholarship Scheme for Post- Graduate, Ph.D Courses, Dr. Homi J. Bhabha Scholarship Scheme for ME and Scholarships for M.Sc ( Agriculture ) Course 2013 – 14.
Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites applications for scholarships, on prescribed data – sheet, from Nepalese nationals desirous of pursuing the following post – graduate / Ph.D courses in Indian Universities and Institutions during the academic year 2013 – 14.
Embassy of India Silver Jubilee and Homi Scholarship 2013 Scheme
Silver Jubilee Scholarship Scheme
- Provides scholarships for Post – Graduate ( MBA / MCA / M.Sc / MA ) and Ph.D studies in all courses except Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine and para medical.
- For post graduate courses, applicants should be graduates, should have minimum 60% marks in aggregate at the bachelors’ level from a recognized University / Institute, minimum 60% marks in English in Class XII.
- Candidate should be 30 years or less as on 1st July,2013. Subject opted for post – graduation should be compatible with the subject taken at bachelor’s level. For Ph.D course, applicants should be post graduate from a recognized University / Institute with good academic record fulfilling the requirements of the concerned institute.
- Age limit for PhD is 35 years for men and 45 years for women as on 1st July, 2013.
Dr. Homi J. Bhabha Scholarship Scheme
Provides scholarships for ME course in India. Applicants should be 25 years or less as on 1st July, 2013 and should have minimum 60% aggregate marks in BE.
MSc Agriculture Course
Applicants should be 25 years or less as on 1st July, 2013 and should have minimum 60% marks in aggregate in B.Sc. ( Agriculture ) and minimum 50% marks in English in Class XII.
Note : Only those candidates who have passed their Bachelor and Post Graduate level examinations can apply for the above Post- Graduate and Ph.D courses respectively.
Embassy Silver Jubilee and Dr. Homi Scholarship 2013 Selection Procedure
- Short – listed candidates will be called for interview, which will be conducted in Kathmandu, Birgunj and Biratnagar. They are advised to interact solely with the Education Wing, Embassy of India, Kathmandu or Consulate General of India, Birgunj or Embassy of India, Camp Office, Biratnagar about the scholarship.
- The candidates should indicate their address and contact telephone numbers / e – mail address clearly in the prescribed column of the application form. Any change in address / telephone number should also be intimated immediately through a letter.
- Selection will be based on the applicant’s academic record and performance in the interview. However, nomination of a candidate by the Embassy does not guarantee admission to any Indian college / university for the above courses.
- Confirmation of admission by the Embassy will be given only after receipt of the same from the concerned Indian University.
- Request for change of college / institution or transfer of scholarship after placement will not be entertained.
- If candidates withdraw or reject the scholarship offered by the Embassy due to non – placement in a college / institution of their choice, they will be debarred from future scholarship of the Embassy.
- Submission of incorrect information / Incomplete application forms by the candidate may result in forfeiture of the scholarship at any stage.
- Candidates belonging to Bara, Parsa, Rautahat, Dhanusa, Mahottari, Sarlahi, Makwanpur and Chitwan districts should submit their applications to Consulate General of India, Shreepur, Birgunj.
- Similarly candidates of Siraha, Udaypur, Saptari, Sunsari, Morang, Dhankuta, Jhapa and Illam should submit their forms at Embassy of India, Camp Office, Biratnagar.
- Candidates belonging to rest of Nepal should submit their application forms to Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
Instructions for Embassy Silver Jubilee and Dr. Homi Scholarship filling form
1.Embassy Silver Jubilee and Dr. Homi Scholarship application form may be downloaded from the Indian Embassy website : www.indianembassy.org.np, filled in legibly, preferably typed and should be submitted in six copies.
2. Candidates are required to submit application at only one place i.e. either at Embassy of India, Kathmandu or at Consulate General of India, Birgunj or Embassy of India, Camp Office, Biratnagar alongwith the original counterfoil of Bank Voucher, showing that the application fee of 400/- has been deposited in the Education Wing, EOI, Kathmandu’s Account No.17725240200331 of any Nepal SBI Bank, anywhere in Nepal or Consulate General of India, Shreepur, Birgunj, or Embassy of India, Camp Office, Biratnagar not later than 21st December, 2012.
3. Candidates should attach latest passport size attested photographs, duly attested mark sheets / transcripts of Class XII/ Graduation / Post Graduation and citizenship certificate.
4. Candidates are requested to submit photocopy of citizenship duly translated in English language and certified by Notary Public. Originals need not be attached at this stage.
5. Forms will be accepted on all working days between 1000 hrs to 1200 hrs at Embassy of India, Kathmandu. Application fee once deposited will not be refunded or adjusted under any circumstances.
Note : Candidates who have availed any scholarship earlier under Government of India sponsored scholarship for studying in India will not be considered for selection again.