Stockholm University Scholarship 2011
2011 PhD Scholarship in Stockholm University
PhD Student Position in Molecular Biology at the Department of Molecular Biology and Functional Genomics at Stockholm University Sweden.
Study Subject ( s ) : Molecular Biology.
Course Level : PhD.
Scholarship Provider : Stockholm University Sweden.
Scholarship can be taken at : Sweden.
Eligibility for University of Stockholm PhD Scholarship 2011 :
- Suitable candidates should have a solid background in Molecular Cell Biology and should be highly motivated to pursue a research career.
- Previous research experience in the field of RNA Biology and Practical experience in at least some of the following methods are required :
- Fluorescence and Confocal Microscopy
- Primary Neuronal Cell Culturing
- RNA Extractions from Tissue and Cells
- RT – PCR
- Western Blotting and Immunoprecipitation.
Stockholm University PhD Scholarship Open for International Students :
- No, Stockholm University PhD Scholarship is not available for International Students.
University of Stockholm PhD Scholarship Description :
- Stockholm University PhD position in Molecular Biology will be coupled to Marie Öhmans research group and the new PhD student will join a team working on RNA – editing in eukaryotes.
- Stockholm University PhD Project will include studies of the ADAR enzymes that edit adenosine ( A ) to inosine ( I ) within double stranded RNA. More specific, studies will be done to elucidate the function of RNA – editing in neurons during development as well as upon synaptic stimulation.
Stockholm University PhD Scholarship Application Form 2011 :
- Stockholm University PhD Scholarships should be applied by Post and an Email.
University of Stockholm PhD Scholarship Application Deadline 2011 :
- Stockholm University PhD Scholarship application is before 29th November, 2011.