TWAS CSIR Postdoctoral FellowshipScholarships »
TWAS – CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2019
For young scientists from developing countries (other than India) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in emerging areas in science and technology for which facilities are available in laboratories and institutes of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India.
Deadline : 31st August, 2019
Partner Organizations : Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India
Country : India
Level : Postdoc
Minimum degree held : PhD
Duration : Up to 12 months
Age limit : 45
Sandwic option : no
- 01-Agricultural Sciences
- 02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- 03-Biological Systems and Organisms
- 04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- 05-Chemical Sciences
- 06-Engineering Sciences
- 07-Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- 08-Mathematical Sciences
CSIR TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Eligibility 2019
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria :
- Be a maximum age of 45 years on 31st December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country ( other than India ).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of science or technology.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Be regularly employed in their home country and hold a research assignment.
- Be accepted at a CSIR laboratory/institution and provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Program Details 2019
- TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in CSIR research laboratories and institutes in India for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months.
- Eligible CSIR institutions: Information on CSIR laboratories and institutes can be obtained by following the links from the CSIR homepage. Alternatively, a list of eligible institutes is available.
- CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, Fellowship awardees are entitled to subsidized accommodation.
- The language of instruction for foreign scholars in CSIR laboratories/institutes is English.
TWAS CSIR Postdoctoral Scholarship Application Submission 2019
- The deadline for receipt of TWAS CSIR Scholarships applications is 31st August of each year.
- Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from a CSIR institution to CSIR and TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, TWAS CSIR Scholarship application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS and CSIR. The subject line must contain: CSIR/PDoc/candidate’s surname.
- Applications for the TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should be sent to both TWAS and CSIR (by email).
CSIR TWAS Postdoctoral Scholarship Application Deadline 2019
TWAS CSIR deadline for receipt of Postdoctoral Scholarship application is 31st August, 2019.
Contact Details :
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research ( CSIR )
Mr. Jaipal Singh,
Senior Technical Officer,
International S&T Affairs Directorate ( ISTAD ),
Anusandhan Bhavan – 2 Rafi Marg,
New Delhi 110 001, India.
Tel : + 91 11 2331 6751
Fax : + 91 11 2373 9041, 2371 0618
E-mail : email@example.com
Web : www.csir.res.in
TWAS Fellowships Office
Strada Costiera 11,
Phone : + 39 040 2240 – 314
Fax : + 39 040 2240 – 689
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.