Two – Year DAE Graduate Fellowship, India
Areas of Research Support
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Civil Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Nuclear Hydrology
- Metallurgical Engg., Materials Science / Engg
- Electrical Engineering
- Reliability Engineering, Systems & Control Engineering, Energy Systems
- Power / Communication / Control Engg, Integrated Electronics & Circuits
- Computer Science, Engg & Technology
- Applied Optics, Lasers & Optoelectronics
- Nuclear Engg & Technology
- Solid State Materials / Electronic Materials
Applicants opting for this scheme should fulfill following eligibility criteria
Applicant should first secure admission ( on their own ) at the Institute ( in Jun – Aug 20XX for the batch DGFS – 20XX ) under the relevant M.Tech Program with required Pre-M.Tech Degree / Discipline ( BE / B.Tech / M.Sc ).
Nationality / Age
Indian with age not more than 26 years as on 1st September of the year of admission to M.Tech. Relaxation in age by 5 years for SC / ST and by 3 years for OBC applicants is admissible.
When and how to submit a proposal
An advertisement for the Scheme appears in Newspaper during November / December every year. Applicant can apply using the associated ‘Application Form’ either by mailing application by post ( by 15th April ) or through website www.hrdbarc.gov.in ( by 20th April ). Final Selection will be by an interview ( during June / July ) of short-listed applicants.
Components of grant
A monthly stipend of Rs. 35000/- and a onetime educational material allowance and Rs. 5000/- will be paid to the selected DGFS Fellow through the Institute. In addition, their tuition fees will be reimbursed by the DAE to the Institute directly. All other statutory deposits, hostel fee, mess dues etc. will be payable by the selected applicants directly to the Institute. Selected applicants will be entitled to medical facilities as admissible to all other students at the Institute Campus.
Mechanism of implementation and monitoring
- DGFS fellow requires completing the M.Tech Course in 2 years. Elective / Audit courses and project work will be decided jointly by the DAE and the Institute Project Guides. On joining the scheme, selected DGFS Fellows will sign an agreement and a bond to serve DAE for a period of 3 years starting from date of joining in DAE as Scientific Officer-C. In case of non-compliance he/she will have to refund the stipend, fees, book allowances etc paid by DAE.
- The DGFS Fellows will be absorbed in the grade of Scientific Officer-C in the DAE Units on successful completion of the course. If a DGFS Fellow withdraws from the scheme before the completion of the M.Tech program, he / she will have to refund, as per the terms and conditions of the Agreement & Bond, stipend, fees, book allowances etc paid by DAE. If such a DGFS fellow decides to continue M.Tech, the Institute will not pay him / her any stipend.