University Grants Commission Finnish Governments Scholarship 2013Scholarships »
UGC Finnish Governments Scholarship 2013
Finnish Governments Scholarships for Indian Nationals to Finland for the academic year 2013 – 2014.
The Finnish Government has offered 10 Scholarships for postgraduate studies or research ( after Master’s level but no for post – Doctoral and research ) and that priority will be given to doctoral studies.
UGC Finnish Governments Scholarship 2013 Eligibility
To be eligible, the applicant must :
- Have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying.
- Have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project.
- Have earned at least a Master – level degree before applying.
- Intend to pursue Post – Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a higher education institution or public research Institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies.
- Not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland.
- Be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study / research.
- Be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
UGC Finnish Governments Scholarship 2013 Amount
- A monthly allowance of EUR 1,200.
- To and fro international air – fare and internal travel in India will be provided by University Grants Commission to the selected scholars.
UGC Finnish Governments Scholarship 2013 Application Form
1. University Grants Commission Finnish Governments Scholarship application form can be downloaded from CIMO’s web service at www.studyinfinland.fi/tuition_and_scholarships/cimo_scholarship/finnish_govern and UGC website : www.ugc.ac.in.
2. This offer will be applicable to those faculty employed / students at higher educational Universities / Institutions approved under Section 2 ( f ) and 12 B of the UGC Act and the program will commence in 2013.
3. Nomination of suitable candidates, in the prescribed proforma, along with the required documents with recommendation of the head of the concerned departments University / Colleges and head of the university / Institute may be forwarded to University Grants Commission office on or before 30th November, 2012.
4. University Grants Commission Finnish Governments Scholarship applications can be sent to the address :
Section Officer ( IC ),
Room No.508 – A,
University Grants Commission,
Bahadurshah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi – 110 002.
UGC Finnish Governments Scholarship 2013 Application Form Enclosures
A copy of the University Grants Commission Finnish Governments Scholarship application form is enclosed. The following documents are required to be attached with the application :
- A Completed & signed application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of latest diplomas
- Two letters of recommendation
- Study / research plan ( 2 – 5 pages ), including a statement of motivation
- Invitation / expression of interest from the hosting academic supervisor in Finland.
- Language certificate ( Finnish, Swedish, English ) or other indications of sufficient language skill.
Note : The University / Institute deemed to be University / college is required to give an undertaking that the “If selected for an award, the candidate will be granted the appropriate leave for the tenure of the fellowship as specified above”.