UGC PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2015
University Grants Commission ( UGC ) invites applications for Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child for PG Programs 2015.
Eligibility for UGC PG Indira Gandhi Scholarships 2015
- Any single girl child who happen to be a only child or twin daughter or fraternal daughter in the family, if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full – time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college.
- This scholarship is available to PG I year student only.
- Admission to PG Course in distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
Age : Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
UGC Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship 2015 Scheme
The number of slots for scholarships may be decided every year on the basis of eligible application correct in all respects, received through online mode against the advertisement to be published in National Dailies as well as on the UGC website.
The selection would be made by the Expert committee as per the procedure of the commission. The result in respect of the list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in. Simultaneously, the award letter will also be uploaded on UGC website which may be downloaded with the respective ID generated at the time of processing of the submission of their application form through online mode.
It is expected from the institutions where student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities / Colleges / Institutions covered under Sections 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
The value of Scholar ship is 2,000/- p.m for a period of two years only ( 10 months in the year ) i.e. full duration of a PG course.
No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
UGC Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2015 Selection
The progress of the scholar is monitored by the head of the department. The scholar is required to submit quarterly continuation certificate dully signed by the head of the department to the designated branch of nominated bank.
Students desirous of leaving the studies mid-way without completing post graduate degree will have to take prior approval from the UGC by submitting an application along with the justification through the concerned Universities / Colleges / Institution.
Any student who discontinues the studies without prior approval of the UGC will have to refund the whole amount through e- mode ( RTGS / NEFT ) directly to UGC account.
No extension is permissible beyond two years.
The student who is awarded Post – Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship will not be debarred from accepting any other scholarships.
The student availing this scheme will submit a certificate / marksheet of completion of Post Graduate course dully signed by the head of the department.
UGC Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship 2015 Application Form
1. The candidate is required to submit an application only through ONLINE MODE.
2. Proof of admission to Ist Year Master’s degree course in a recognized Indian University covered under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
3. A certificate from the College / University where student have taken admission to first year PG Course in the current academic year.
4. An affidavit on 50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer ( not below the rank of Tahsildar ) copying the prescribed languages.
Last date for apply : 30th September, 2015