UGC PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2017
University Grants Commission ( UGC ) invites applications for Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child for PG Programs 2017.
Eligibility for UGC PG Indira Gandhi Scholarships 2017
- Girl students without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters / fraternal daughter may also apply for scholarship under the aforesaid scheme. In a family if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme.
- Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
- The scheme is applicable to such single girl child who has taken admission in regular, fulltime first year Masters Degree course in any designated university or a post graduate college. This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only.
- Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
UGC Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship 2017 Scheme
Amount of fellowship : 3100/- p.m for a period of two years only ( 10 months in the year ) i.e. full duration of a PG course. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
UGC Indira Gandhi Scholarship Selection 2017
- The progress of the candidate shall be monitored by the head of the department. The candidate is required to submit a yearly progress report duly signed by the Head of the Department and Registrar of the University or Head of the Institution or Principal of the College to the designated bank branch. The scholarship shall stop after the last academic year of the Post graduate programme
- Any student who discontinues the studies without prior approval of the UGC will have to refund the whole amount through e-mode ( RTGS / NEFT ) directly to UGC account.
No extension is permissible beyond two years.
- The student who is awarded Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship will not be debarred from accepting any other scholarships.
- The student availing this scheme will submit a certificate / marksheet of completion of Post Graduate course dully signed by the head of the department
Procedure for applying UGC Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2017
- The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online through www.ugc.ac.in/sgc against the advertisement to be published by the UGC once in a year through advertisement in leading newspaper and Employment News after obtaining admission in first year Post Graduate course in a recognized University / Institution /College.
- The results of selection will be declared on UGC website.
- Awardees would be required to download their award letter from the online portal by logging in with the registration id and Date of birth in the event of their selection.
- It is expected from the institutions where student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities / Colleges / Institutions.