National Talent Scholarships
The purpose of the scheme is to identify talented students and nurture them. Started in the year 1963. This year NCERT will conduct the National Talent Search Examination for students studying in Class X.
On the basis of the National Talent Search Examination, 1000 Scholarships will be awarded. The amount of National Talent scholarship will be 500/ per month.
National Talent scholarships will be reserved for 15% students belonging to the SC category, 7.5% scholarships for students belonging to the ST category and 3% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
National Talent Scholarship Eligibility
All students of Class X Studying in recognized schools are eligible to appear for the Stage – I examination , conducted by the States / UTs, in which the schools are located. There will be no domicile restriction.
National Talent Scholarship Application
- You may contact the State / UT Liaison officer for procuring National Talent scholarships application form. However, National Talent application form can be downloaded from NCERT website : http:// www.ncert.nic.in.
- The completed National Talent scholarships application form should be signed by the Principal of the school. The candidate as well as the Principal of the school must ad here to the last date for submission of the National Talent scholarships application Form.
- Different states may have different last dates for National Talent scholarships submission.
- Please Confirm from the liaison officer of your state , the address at which the completed forms are to be submitted .
- The State wise contact of the liaison officers are given below and are also available in the NCERT website : www.ncert.nic.in.
- All queries related to National Talent scholarships application form should be directed to the State Liaison Officers ( LOs ).
- No National Talent scholarships application should be sent to NCERT
National Talent Scholarship Selection Procedure
There will be two – stage selection process for award of National Talent Scholarship.
For Stage – I, selection will be done by States / UTs through a written examination. Students, who qualify Stage – I, will be eligible to appear for Stage – II examination, conducted by NCERT.
National Talent Svholarship Application Deadline
Candidates may fill up the National Talent Scholarship application Form , available on the NCERT website and send to the undersigned along with a photocopy of the mark sheet of previous examination , latest by 31st March, 2014.