Jesus College Research Fellowship, UKScholarships » United Kingdom »
Jesus College Research Fellowship, UK
Candidates should have excellent record of research in their chosen subject
Study Subject : Geography and Archaeology and Anthropology
Employer : Jesus College
Level : Graduate, PhD or Postdoctoral
Research Fellowship Description :
Jesus College invites applications each year for stipendiary Research Fellowships, generally one in an Arts subject and one in a Science subject. The following information refers to the Sciences competition only.
Jesus College Research Fellowship Eligibility :
- Application for a Research Fellowship is open to those in any discipline within the Sciences. Applications are also welcome from candidates undertaking scientific studies in the fields of Geography and Archaeology & Anthropology.
- In selecting the best candidate in its Research Fellowship competition the college expects to elect someone with an excellent record of research in their chosen subject and the potential to pursue that research at the highest level.
- The Research Fellowship is intended for researchers early in their careers. Successful candidates are expected to be either graduate students, probably in the latter stages of their research leading to a PhD Degree, or post – doctoral researchers who have recently been awarded their PhD Degree.
- Candidates who have undertaken more than four years of full – time research are unlikely to be considered. For further details regarding the Eligibility Requirements, please click here. The Research Secretary is unable to answer direct queries individually relating to your eligibility; please follow the instructions.
- The Research Fellowship is a fixed – term three year term Research Fellowship normally commencing on 1 October 2011. Exceptionally, the College, at its absolute discretion, will entertain an application to start the Fellowship earlier, at any date after 1 May, if a good reason can be shown for so doing.
- One reason why the person appointed might apply to the College to start the Fellowship prior to 1 October 2011 would be if an earlier start date was required in order to satisfy any conditions under the United Kingdom’s Point Based Immigration Scheme.
- If the Research Fellowship starts prior to 1 October 2011, the end of the Fellowship will also be adjusted so that the period of the Fellowship remains at three years.
Fellowship Application Deadline : 1pm on Friday 10 December 2010.
For further fellowship information and application visit : https://jrf.jesus.cam.ac.uk/sciences/