2014 Masters Scholarships in Lancaster University
The Lancaster MBA attracts students who will be the leaders of the future. To facilitate this we are offering six types of scholarship for 2014 entry to the Full – time MBA. All scholarships are merit – based and substantial.
This year we have a number of half – and full scholarships available for high – potential applicants.
Study Subject ( s ) : Management Studies.
Course Level : Masters.
Scholarship Provider : Lancaster University Management.
Scholarship can be taken at : UK.
Eligibility for University of Lancaster Masters Scholarship 2014 :
- A good first degree, a minimum of three years work experience since Graduation.
- Strong preference will given to those who can demonstrate clearly that they have held significant managerial responsibilities, two good references, usually from your current employer and someone who knows your academic ability.
- English language and GMAT requirements : In addition, if your degree is not from a recognised UK university and your first language is not English, you will need to achieve a GMAT score of 600 or above balanced across verbal, written and quantitative elements.
- Those who score less than 4.5 on the analytical writing element may be asked to complete a further Lancaster Admissions Essay.
- demonstrate your English language proficiency, preferably with an IELTS score of 7.0 or above ( with at least 6.0 in each element ), or with a TOEFL iBT score of 100 or alternatively with a PTE score of at least 70 (*UKBA requirements include minimum scores in the TOEFL and Pearson tests )
- In special circumstances, candidates with other exceptional qualities may be admitted when their GMAT score is marginally below 600 but only if they can demonstrate a good standard on the quantitative element, successfully complete a Lancaster Admissions Essay, and meet other minimum language requirements ( IELTS, TOEFL iBT, PTE ).
Lancaster University Masters Scholarship Open for International Students :
- Yes, Lancaster University Masters Scholarship is available for International Students.
University of Lancaster Masters Scholarship Open for following Countries :
- Lancaster University Masters Scholarship Open for Asia / Pacific, Africa and the Middle East, the Americas, UK / EU.
Lancaster University Masters Scholarship Description :
- All applicants who are offered a place will be automatically considered for a Regional Masters Scholarship – you do not have to write a separate Lancaster University Scholarship application for this.
- Lancaster University Masters Scholarship award will be based on your performance during the interview.
- You will Need to Demonstrate : A clear and specific understanding of how the Lancaster MBA will contribute to you achieving your career aspirations. A description of your unique attributes that will set you apart from other applicants.
- Regional MBA Lancaster University Masters Scholarships are offered on a rolling basis until all awards have been exhausted, so you should apply as early as possible.
University of Lancaster Masters Scholarship Application Form 2014 :
- Applications are submitted via the University’s online application system.
- When you apply online, you will be able to track the progress of your application after submission. As part of your application, you have to nominate two referees who can comment on your suitability for the programme.
- The referees should be people who are able to comment on your academic ability and your professional experience.
- If you left University several years ago and are unable to submit an academic reference, then two professional references will be acceptable. Your referees will be contacted via our system to provide a reference, if you have not already supplied them.
Application checklist :Please ensure you upload the following to your online application :
- a detailed CV, degree certificate, degree transcript, GMAT score report ( if applicable )
- IELTS / TOEFL / PTE score report ( if applicable )
- two references ( at least one professional ), unless you have requested us to contact your referees
- personal statement incorporating two pre – course essay questions ( 500 word maximum )
- If you do not have all the required documentation you should indicate when these will become available
University of Lancaster Selection Procedure 2014 :
- Application review : Once we have received your application and evaluated all essential supporting documents and test scores, a decision will be made regarding whether to shortlist you for interview. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email.
- Interview : If we shortlist you for interview we aim to offer you an interview slot within two to three weeks.
- Applicants based in the UK : we require all UK – based applicants to attend for interview at Lancaster. This also enables you to meet faculty members and current students, hear more about the programme, and tour the Management School and University.
- If you wish to be considered for a scholarship, you will normally be required to make a short presentation during the interview.
- Applicants based outside the UK : we interview all suitable applicants who are based outside the UK, either face – to – face ( if our MBA team are attending a recruitment fair locally ) or by telephone / Skype. If you wish to be considered for a scholarship, you will normally be required to make a short presentation during the interview.
Lancaster University Masters Scholarship Application Deadline 2014 :
Entry to the Lancaster MBA is very competitive and the deadline for submission of applications is 31st July, 2014.