University of Bristol Scholarship 2012
Research Assistant Position in Robust Integrated Verification of Autonomous Systems ( RIVERAS ) at Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol, UK 2012
Study Subject ( s ) : Robust Integrated Verification of Autonomous Systems ( RIVERAS )
Course Level : Research
Scholarship Provider : Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
Scholarship can be taken at : UK
Eligibility for University of Bristol Scholarships :
- You should hold, or expect to hold, a PhD in either Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Optimization and Control for Autonomous Systems, Robotics or a closely related field.
- You must have started to build up a strong track record of academic paper authorship.
- You have gained experience in giving presentations at international conferences.
- You have excellent written and spoken communication skills and an ability to explain and share deep concepts and techniques with colleagues.
- You have excellent team work and sound interpersonal skills.
University of Bristol Scholarship Open for International Students :
- No, University of Bristol Scholarship is not available for International Students.
University of Bristol Scholarship Description :
- Based in the Faculty of Engineering hosted by the Bristol Robotics Laboratory this is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a multi – disciplinary research team working on a new project entitled “Robust Integrated Verification of Autonomous Systems ( RIVERAS ) ” funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.
- You will be developing novel techniques and methodologies that can be used to design autonomous intelligent systems that are verifiably trustworthy. This requires research at the leading edge of design verification, formal specification and autonomous system design, advancing and integrating the most promising techniques to arrive at a design – for – verification methodology that enables engineers to ensure that the strict safety requirement necessary for such systems are met.
- Target application areas include safety critical systems such as robotic inspections of a nuclear power plant and space explorations e.g. on Mars by a rover or a robotic aircraft, but also the next generation of clever consumer products with embedded intelligence and adaptability e.g. toys, gadgets and household appliances.
- Working in close collaboration with the RIVERAS team to address these research challenges, you have a PhD in either Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Optimization and Control for Autonomous Systems, Robotics or a closely related field and have started to build up a publication record. Knowledge of computer – aided verification and experience with formal or test – based verification methodologies as well as state – of – the – art verification tools is an advantage but by no means a must.
- Most of all, you seek an intellectual challenge, are keen to learn and strive for excellence in research. You have excellent written and spoken communication skills and an ability to explain and share deep concepts and techniques with colleagues.
- You must have strong programming skills that enable you to quickly integrate software for robotic experiments. You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team and have excellent self – motivation. We strongly encourage fresh PhD graduates to apply.
University of Bristol Scholarship Application Form :
- University of Bristol Scholarship should be applied by Online
University of Bristol Scholarship Application Deadline : 04th October, 2012.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.