University of Leeds Scholarships 2014
Taught Master’s Program Scholarship in the field of Civil Engineering for UK Applicant at University of Leeds, 2013 UK. The programme provides a financial support package designed to help students from low income families wishing to progress to Higher Education in England. The scholarships are jointly funded by the government and our University.
We participating in the National Scholarship Programme ( NSP ) and will award 1192 scholarships for 2013 – 14.
Eligibility for University of Leeds Scholarships :
- To be eligible for a National Scholarship from Leeds Metropolitan University you must;
- Be assessed to pay home fees and charged at the 2013 – 14
- undergraduate fee rate for new entrants.
- Be eligible for student support from Student Finance England – includes EU residents but excludes students ordinarily resident in Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland .
- Have applied for and qualified for student support under the current The Education ( Student Support ) Regulations 2011 and consented to share financial information with the University.
- Be starting University for the first time in the 2013 – 14 academic year.
- The NSP is aimed at new students to Higher Education. If you are topping up an award you would not be regarded as a new student for this purpose
- Have a residual household income of £25,000 or less a s verified by the SLC.
- Be paying your own fees .If you have your fees paid or part paid through a sponsorship arrangement you would not be eligible for this scholarship.
- Be studying a HEFCE or Teaching Agency fund able undergraduate course. If you are study ing for a course that is NHS funded or a PGCE , you would not be eligible.
- Be studying at least 30 undergraduate credit points during the academic year.
- Be registered and enrolled on your course in 2013 – 14.
- Enter your course with at least 300 UCAS points, or equivalent or have successfully completed an apprenticeship programme.
- Mature entrants without formal qualifications will be considered on the basis of the level of your residual income and the detailed information contained in your application for the award.
- We have a limited number of Scholarships to award in 2013 – 14 and therefore in addition to requiring you to meet the above criteria we will give priority to students with the lowest residual household income as verified by the SLC. If funds are available we may consider awarding the Scholarship to students with fewer than 300 UCAS points.
University of Leeds Scholarship Open for International Students :
- Yes, University of Leeds Scholarship is available for International Students.
- University of Leeds Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries : This scholarship is for UK applicants. If there are no British applicants then the scholarship may be awarded to the best applicant from a British Commonwealth country.
- A cash bursary of £1,000
- A fee waiver of £2,000
- The package of support for full time EU students ( excluding UK) is,
- A tuition fee waiver of £3,000
- The package of support for part – time students is,
- A tuition fee waiver of up to £3,000 prorate to amount of credit studied in 2013 – 14 academic year.
University of Leeds Scholarship Description :
- The University is using the HEFCE criteria to define both the eligibility and non – eligibility of programmes of study and home (English) students for the NSP. The cash bursary is administered by the Student Loans Company and the University shall not be liable to the student for any delay or error in relation to the payment.
- A student in receipt of the NSP may be eligible t o receive any other scholarship, bursaries or discount offered by the University. The University reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions as it deems appropriate. If you have any queries or require further information please contact email@example.com
University of Leeds Scholarship Application Form :
- Full Time UK students do not need to make a direct application as you will be automa tically assessed as long as you apply for government support through Student Finance England , and consent to share your information with the University.
- Household income information must be received from the SLC by the University by <strong>1 December 2013</strong> in order for full – time students to be considered for a NSP Scholars hip. The University will not make any assessments of household income itself or accept any evidence sent directly.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that Student Finance England have the required evidence to make a means tested assessment.
- You must ensure your application to Student Finance England is made early enough to enable the assessment to be received by the University by the 1 December deadline.For Part T ime EU students you must have applied for government support through Student Finance England and have consented to share information with the University.
- If you think you meet the criteria you should complete and return the application form. All completed forms returned before will be considered.
University of Leeds Scholarship Application Deadline : 31st December 2013, ( for entry in 2014).
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.