Postdoctoral Fellowship in Malaria
Study Subject : Cell biology and microbiology
Employer : Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
Level : Postdoctoral
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute Malaria Programme uses genomic, genetic and proteomic approaches to tackle fundamental questions in malaria biology and to discover host-parasite and vector-parasite interactions that are critical for drug and vaccine development.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to develop new scalable technologies for the genetic modification of Plasmodium falciparum.
- Obtained (or is nearing completion) of a PhD that includes experimental molecular genetics
- An established track record of first author publications in peer reviewed journals
- Strong communication and organisational skills, and able to work within a team
- Experience in genetic modification technology, particularly with scalable technologies
- Extensive molecular biology experience
Knowledge, skills and experience in cell biology and microbiology
- Plasmodium falciparum culture and genetic manipulation experience would be desirable
Fellowship Application Deadline for Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute : 10th December 2010