Yayasan Khazanah Merdeka Scholarship for Malaysian Students
Study Subject : Business: Economics, Finance, Investment, Law, Actuarial Science,Bio-medical Sciences: Bio-chemistry, Food Technology, Bio-technology, Bio-engineering, Molecular Biology, Genomics and Bio-informatics,Engineering: Electronics, Micro-Electronics, Nano-technology, Materials Science.
Employer : Oxford Centre for Islamic studies
Level : Postgraduate
The Khazanah-Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Merdeka Scholarships, established to mark the 50th anniversary of Malaysia’s independence, are intended to enable outstanding Malaysian students to undertake postgraduate study at the University of Oxford.
Subject areas may be drawn from a range of fields. Candidates are required to demonstrate a high level of academic achievement, and how their study will make a contribution to the future needs of Malaysia.
Awards will include University and College fees, accommodation and subsistence allowances, and return air fares. Awards are renewable annually through the duration of the program of study.
Eligibility for Yayasan Khazanah Merdeka Scholarship
Candidates, who must be citizens of Malaysia, should have an excellent record of academic achievement and a proven capacity for independent research.
Attention will also be given to the personal qualities of the candidates in terms of their leadership potential and ability to communicate. Candidates will be expected to show how their careers and the wider interests of Malaysia will benefit from a period of study at Oxford.
The fields of study covered by the Scholarship Programme include the following :
- Business: Economics, Finance, Investment, Law, Actuarial Science;
- Bio-medical Sciences: Bio-chemistry, Food Technology, Bio-technology, Bio-engineering, Molecular Biology, Genomics and Bio-informatics;
- Engineering: Electronics, Micro-Electronics, Nano-technology, Materials Science.
Other fields may be considered.
How to Apply for Yayasan Khazanah Merdeka Scholarship
To apply, applicants are required to submit the following :
- The completed application form (please click to download the application form);
- A signed personal statement of no more than 1,000 words that includes a description of the intended area of study and describes how this will benefit Malaysia. The statement should also outline the applicant’s reasons for wanting to study at Oxford, and summarise the personal qualities that would make them a worthy recipient of a scholarship;
- A list of academic qualifications and other awards and honours received;
- A statement of the status of their application to the University of Oxford;
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from referees who can assess in detail the applicant’s academic performance and potential. The recommendation letters must reach the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies by the application deadline.
Yayasan Khazanah Merdeka Scholarship Application Deadline : 10th January 2011