University Grants Commission – UGC Scholarship – 20Scholarships »
UGC Postgraduate Scholarships in University Grants Commission 2019- 20
University Grants Commission offered Postgraduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC & ST candidates for the year ( 2019 – 20 ) in India.
Study Subject ( s ) : Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc.
Course level : Postgraduate.
Scholarship Provider : University Grants Commission.
Scholarship can be taken at : India.
Eligibility for UGC Postgraduate Scholarships 2019 – 20
- The candidate must have obtained Graduate degree in the relevant subject and obtained admission at Postgraduate level for regular full time course in any of the Professional subject in a recognized University / Institution / College.
- University Grants Commission Scholarship Candidates pursuing post graduate course in professional subjects by correspondence or by Distance Education mode are not eligible to receive financial assistance under this scheme.
- The upper age limit for male applicants is 45 years as on 1st July on the year of application, and 50 years in the case of female candidates. In exceptional cases, the age may be relaxed.
UGC Postgraduate Scholarship Description 2019 – 2020
University Grants Commission invites applications for the award of 1000 UGC Scholarships under the scheme of Postgraduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC & ST candidates for the year ( 2019 – 2020 ) to undertake Postgraduate Level Studies in Professional Subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc, on regular basis only.
Selection Procedure of UGC Postgraduate Scholarship 2019 – 2020
- Selection will be made on the basis of merit by the Expert Committee.
- The guidelines of the scheme, detailed terms and conditions of the University Grants Commission Scholarship, eligibility etc.
- May be seen by logging in the University Grants Commission Website : www.ugc.ac.in.
Procedure for applying UGC Postgraduate Scholarship scheme 2019 – 2020
The candidates belonging to SC / ST categories fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply against the advertisement to be published by the UGC after obtaining admission in a rec organized University /Institution / College. The selections would be completed by the end of August every year.
Nature of Assistance Available Under the Scheme 2019 – 2020
The number of slots available under the scheme are 1000 per year. The tenure of award is for two / three years depending upon tenure of the postgraduate course.
Candidates selected for the award of PG scholarships shall be provided Scholarship at [rupee] 5000/-per month ( M.Tech ) with the contingency of [rupee] 15000/- per annum and for other courses at [rupee] 3000/- per month and contingency grant of [rupee] 10,000/- per annum for the duration of the PG Scholarship for other courses.
UGC Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form 2019 – 20
- University Grant Commission Scholarship applications submitted only through online mode shall be entertained and no application submitted in hard copy shall be entertained or considered for award of University Grants Commission Scholarship in any circumstances whatsoever.
- Record of the Non – Selected candidates shall not be preserved beyond three months from the date of declaration of results.
UGC Postgraduate Scholarship Application Deadline 2019 – 20
- University Grants Commission Postgraduate applications in the prescribed format may be submitted only through on line mode latest by 6th October, 2019 ( non extendable ) by logging in UGC Website : www.ugc.ac.in/pgsprof.
- The decision of the Commission with regard to selection of candidates for the award of University Grants Commission Postgraduate Scholarships shall be final.