University Grants Commission – UGC ScholarshipScholarships »
University Grants Commission – UGC Scholarship 2019
Postgraduate Merit Scholarship for Non – professional Courses at any recognized University or College, India 2019.
Study Subject ( s ) : Non – professional Courses
Course Level : Postgraduate
Scholarship Provider : University Grants Commission
Scholarship can be taken at : India
Eligibility for UGC Scholarship
- First & Second Rank holders at under – graduate level in the above mentioned specified streams only admitted in any non – professional Post – Graduate course would be awarded this scholarship.
- These awardees will have to submit the proofs of their merit position at undergraduate level in University / Institute / Autonomous College as well as their admission in first year of Post – Graduate course during academic year.
- The scholarship would however, be subject to securing a minimum of sixty percent marks at undergraduate level.
- The rank holders would be considered only from affiliated universities wherein at least 100 students and in deemed / private Universities ( * ) / Autonomous / Nonaffiliated colleges, at least 25 students have appeared in the examination at undergraduate level in the aforesaid programs.
- The scheme is applicable to such students who have taken admission in regular, full-time Master’s Degree course in any recognized university, deemed university, private university, autonomous college or a post graduate college
- The scholarship is available to the student for first PG Degree only. Age limit for the students is 30 years at the time of admission in PG course.
UGC Scholarship Description
- Candidates admitted in post – graduate first year regular non – professional degree course in any recognized university or a post – graduate college during the current year i.e. 2017 – 18 are eligible.
- The University Grants Commission, on the basis of a initiative of M / HRD, had introduced the scheme of Post – Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme for University rank holders with the objective of attracting talents for pursuing post – graduate studies.
- The scheme is for non – professional courses only.
- The selection will be purely on merit basis.
- The awardees under this scheme can pursue their Post – Graduate programme in any area of specialization and also in any institution of higher learning in the country recognized by UGC under Section 2 ( f ) and 12 ( B ) of UGC Act.
- Duration of Scholarship : 2 years.
Number of scholarships : 3000.
Rate of Scholarships : ₹ 2000/ – pm ( 10 months in a year ) ( Total 20 months ).
UGC Scholarship Application Form
The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online against the advertisement to be published by the UGC every year on the following website i.e. www.ugc.ac.in
UGC Scholarship Application Deadline : 30th August, 2018
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.