Caners Scholarship California
This application must be used by college students who are currently enrolled in no fewer than 6 units within a program related to the nursery industry, and who are entering or returning to college in a horticulture related field in the fall or spring.
Caners Scholarship California Eligibility
Submit all college and university transcripts from the previous five years including classes in progress (copies acceptable for current study list only).
- The horticulture instructor must sign all facility student computer generated transcripts.
Important : The last school semester or quarter completed must be on the transcript.
- Applications must be typed or printed legibly (12 pt. type preferred, but no smaller than 10 pt; no unusual fonts).
Reference Letters Manda Tory at minimum two Letters Required
- Current school year personal reference letters, signed and dated, should be attached and sent in with this application.
- Reference letters can be from your most recent employer, horticulture instructor, FF A or ROP leaders,counselor, clUb/activity advisor or church leader are very helpful in assisting the committee in their selection of recipients.
- It is highly recommended that you include one letter from your horticulture instructor.
Caners Scholarship California Application form
Email letters are not acceptable
Completed application forms, transcripts and letters of recommendation must be returned to the California Association of Nurseries and Garden Centers office, 3947 Lennane Drive, Suite 150, Sacramento, CA 95834, and Postmarked no Later than 15th March, 2017.
Winners will be announced by August 2010, and scholarships awarded as deemed by the Scholarship Committee of the California Association of Nurseries and Garden Centers.
No scholarship will be issued until the institution verifies that the recipient is enrolled in and attending six or more units within a nursery industry program.
Majors not accepted : Landscape Architecture, Dairy Science, Enology, Floral Design, Golf/Sports Turf Management, Animal Science, Landscape Contractor.
Caners Scholarship California Application Deadline
- Application form Deadline – 15th March, 2017