GET Foundation Scholarship Program Hong Kong StudentsScholarships »
GET Foundation Scholarship Program for Hong Kong Students
The purpose of this scholarship program is to reward motivated and deserving high school students from Hong Kong to pursue undergraduate studies in an accredited four-year university/college in the United States. Selection will be based on academic promise, financial need, documented perseverance in activities outside the classroom, the quality of the personal statement and essay, personal character such as honesty, good judgment, motivation, leadership and community service.
- To raise $1,000,000.
- To help at least one student with each $100,000 raised.
- To insure Foundation will become self-supporting over time.
- Scholarships available: up to 2 each year ( US $5000.00 each )
GET Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Accepted for full-time enrollment in an accredited four-year US college / university.
- Preference given to applicants with demonstrated educational motivation and leadership skills.
- Intention to pursue a career in science, engineering or teaching.
- Must be a Hong Kong high school graduate.
Obligations of Recipients
- Must enroll as full time student
- Must reside in university / college dormitory
- Must actively participate in extra curricular activities
- May be asked to write a short article for ‘Words from Recipient’.
Number of Scholarships Available : up to 2 each year.
GET Foundation Scholarship Application form
- Print a copy of the Application Form online.
- Gather and pencil-in all the required information on the form.
- Enter all the information online. Please note that there is no ‘Save’ feature when you enter information online. You have to enter all the required information in one session.
Print completed application form
You must use the ‘Continue’ button provided at the end of the form to print your completed application.
- Do NOT use the print function of your web browser. It will NOT print a complete copy of everything you entered.
- Incomplete copy without required signatures will NOT be accepted.
Write an essay on topic selected by Foundation
Two letters of reference
- One from a teacher or academic advisor
- One from a work or volunteer supervisor or personal acquaintance
Mail items 2 through 4 above to
The GET Foundation
46 Eugenia Way
Hillsborough, CA 94010
Please remember package of fully completed applications including items 2 through 4 above must be received by the foundation by April 15 of each year. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Email questions to: email@example.com
GET Foundation Scholarship Deadline
- Application deadline : April 15 of each year
- Interview of Potential Recipients : Mid May
- Notification of Recipients via email : By July
Fully completed application must be received by the Foundation by April 15 of each year ( Airmail may take up to 15 days and DHL / FedEx may take up to 5 days for delivery ). It is your responsibility to make sure that your application package reach the Foundation by the April 15 deadline. More than a dozen well qualified applications were regrettably rejected the last few years due to missed deadline. Late or incomplete application will not be considered.