Gemological Institute America GIA ScholarshipsScholarships »
Gemological Institute of America – GIA Scholarships
Applicants are eligible to be awarded a scholarship once each calendar year.
GIA Scholarships Eligibility
- U.S. CITIZENS and U.S. PERMANENT RESIDENTS ONLY are eligible to apply for:
- On-Campus Scholarships for either the Carlsbad, CA or New York campus.
- Distance Education ( eLearning ) and Lab Class Scholarships.
- INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS ONLY ( non-U.S. citizens with country of residence outside the U.S. ) are eligible to apply for:
- On-Campus or Lab Class Scholarships for the following international campuses: India, London, Middle East ( Dubai ), Hong Kong, Taiwan ( Chinese language ONLY ), and Thailand.
- International Distance Education ( eLearning ) Scholarships DO NOT apply to lab class tuition.
GIA Scholarships Application form
Application form available on GIA website ONLY during application periods: www.gia.edu/gem-education-financial-aid. Application number and password allows unlimited access to form. Any required documents are attached using the computer Browse function and must be in Word, pdf or jpeg format ( rtf, odt, txt, msg documents, zip folders or scans of social media are NOT acceptable ).
Complete only one online scholarship application form, answer all questions, and attach required documents. Required documents include: copy of official identification card with picture, such as a passport, driver’s license, national identify card, etc.; and a minimum of one letter of recommendation (two allowed). Applications submitted without required documents, or incorrect documents, will be rejected.
Applicant must indicate a program of study and the method of study ( on-campus, lab class, or eLearning-Distance Education ). The applicant does not apply for a specific named scholarship but will be considered for all scholarships available for the program and study method chosen. Members of the scholarship review committee will match applicants with each scholarship’s criteria as outlined by the scholarship donor.
Scholarship award offers must be officially accepted or declined. When a scholarship award is accepted, the applicant remains eligible to apply for a new scholarship the following calendar year. All applicants not chosen for a scholarship, or those who decline a scholarship, are encouraged to apply again.
Application must be submitted by deadline indicated. No requests for deadline extension are allowed, but assistance will be provided to any applicant experiencing a technical issue before the deadline that is caused by the GIA scholarship program. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any technical issue.
Required Application Doceuments
LETTER(s) of RECOMMENDATION (one required, two allowed) recommending you for a GIA scholarship – NOT for employment. DO NOT attach a resume or CV.
- Writer states who they are, how they know you, why they are recommending you for a GIA scholarship, and why they believe a GIA scholarship award will help you achieve your goals.
- Typed ( not handwritten ) in English ( or a translation done by a professional must be included ).
- If possible, the letter writer should be from a professional company but CANNOT be a relative, family member or current GIA employee. Other acceptable letter writers are from non-profit organizations, an employer, a co-worker, your church, a former teacher, a community organization to which you belong, a place where you volunteer, or similar organizations.
- Letter MUST BE SIGNED & DATED within past 12 months, and MUST INCLUDE all contact information ( name, address, phone and email address ), written on company letterhead if available.
- ACCEPTABLE document format: PDF, Word document or jpeg. NOT ACCEPTABLE document format ( will be rejected ) : rtf, txt or odt files, zip folders or scans of social media pages.
Non- GIA Scholarship
- GIA accepts scholarships awarded from outside sources – private companies, service organizations, state programs, employers, tribal grants, etc.
GIA Scholarships Application Deadline
- Apply for a scholarship to be used towards new enrollments that begin the following calendar year. : 1st August, 2017 – 30th September, 2017
- Apply for a scholarship to be used for new enrollments that begin the second half of the current year. : 1st February, 2018 – 31st March, 2018
GIA World Headquarters
The Robert Mouawad Campus
5345 Armada Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Telephone No : +1 800 421 7250, Ext 4131
Fax No : +1 760 603 4080
Email : email@example.com
Website : https://www.gia.edu