Intel Science Talent SearchScholarships »
Intel Science Talent Search
Since 1942, Science Service has been in the business of making dreams come true through the Science Talent Search.
Intel Science Talent Search Eligibility Requirements
Over 2,900 finalists have received more than $14 million in awards to support their college educations, and thousands of scholars have received millions more. Entrants receive digital badges in recognition of their successful completion of the application and can earn Student Initiative and Research Report Badges to signify particular skill or effort demonstrated in their applications.
Intel Science Talent Search Application form
You should begin by reading the Regeneron STS Rules and Entry Instructions to be certain that you and your research are eligible. If your project involves the use of humans or animals, the project requires special approval prior to experimentation. You should read the Rules and Entry Instructions thoroughly and contact the Society if you have any doubts or questions.
Next, we highly recommend that you open an application as soon as possible so you can view requirements. You may also view a PDF of the application questions here, but your entry must be submitted through the online application system. Teachers, parents and others are welcome to open accounts to view the application; please identify yourself in Task 1 of the application as a non-applicant to enable an accurate count of active student accounts.
We highly recommend requesting recommendations and sending school transcripts immediately, even before entering your basic information. We also recommend that you review the requirements of the Research Report early in the process.
There are four components of the application
- Basic Information and Essay Questions – Applicants enter responses directly into the text boxes on the web pages of the application.
- Document Uploads – Documents such as the research report, IRB summary, and IACUC approvals, where applicable, will be uploaded to the application as pdf files.
- Recommendations – Each student must request at least one Project Recommendation, one High School Report, and one Educator Recommendation. Each applicant has the option of requesting a second recommendation of each type.
- Transcripts – Applicants must ask their High School Report provider to upload a scanned copy to their High School Report. The Society no longer accepts transcripts, or any application-related materials, in the mail or by any other method except the online application system.
Intel Science Talent Search Important date
- Regeneron STS Application Opens – 2019 Application will open Early Summer 2018
- Application Technical Support Deadline – 18th November, 2018 8:00 PM ET
- Application Deadline – 14th November, 2018 8:00 PM ET