International Student Ambassador Scholarships
International Student Ambassador Scholarships for Exceptional Leadership Qualities Student at Iowa State University, USA. International Student Ambassador Scholarships are awarded to students with exceptional leadership qualities and a desire to positively represent both their home country and Iowa State University to prospective students.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average ( GPA ) comparable to a minimum of 3.0 out of 4.0 (B)
- The SAT is not required, but if submitted, it will be considered
- A resume or CV listing your achievements
- One letter of recommendation
- A 500-word essay. You may write something that will help the committee get to know you better and tell us why you deserve the award, or you may answer one of the questions provided on the scholarship application form
- Applicants must be international students and must have completed an international application for admission
International Student Ambassador Scholarships Eligibility
- Incoming international freshmen applicants and international transfer applicants with fewer than 66 transferrable semester credits.
There are two international Merit Scholarship levels. Freshmen and transfer applicants are eligible for both levels of awards.
- Gold Level – Scholarship Amount $8,000/year (renewable) *
- Cardinal Level – Scholarship Amount $4,000/year (renewable) *
* Freshman recipients will be funded for a maximum of 8 semesters, or completion of the degree, whichever comes first.
* Transfer recipients will be funded for a maximum of 5 semesters, or completion of the degree, whichever comes first.
The following criteria must be met during your Iowa State career to maintain the scholarship:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 while enrolled at Iowa State
- Continuous enrollment in a minimum of 12 semester credits each semester (summers not included)
- Only students assessed non-resident tuition are eligible for this award
- The award may only be used toward undergraduate tuition and fees
International Student Ambassador Scholarships Application form
How to Apply
You must submit your Undergraduate Application for Admission and all required transcripts, financial documents, and examination results before you may apply for the International Merit Scholarship, as we will review your application file as part of our scholarship consideration.
Once you have submitted your application for admission, you may then complete the International Merit Scholarship Application Form. Please be sure to use your name exactly as it is entered on your application for admission so that we can match your scholarship application to your undergraduate application. You will use this form to upload your current resume or CV (in PDF format), type your essay, and send the letter of recommendation form to the person you have asked to provide it. (These items must all be submitted using this form. We will not accept any scholarship materials via email or post.)
International Student Ambassador Scholarships Application Deadline
- Term Fall – Application Deadline March 1
- Term Spring – Application Deadline October 1
Office of Admissions,
Enrollment Services Center, Ames, IA 50011 – 2011
Phone No : (800) 262-3810
Website : http://www.admissions.iastate.edu/