McCormick Tribune Freedom Museum Student Expression ContestScholarships »
McCormick Tribune Freedom Museum Student Expression Contest
The McCormick Freedom Project is seeking entries for its annual contest, Seen and Heard: National Student Expression Contest and Exhibit.
The contest encourages teens to depict their thoughts on contemporary freedom issues through film, editorial cartoons, Web design and photojournalism.
A panel of academic experts, Freedom Museum staff and actual practitioners will determine the winning entries. The top finalists will have their work displayed in the Clayton Kirkpatrick Gallery of the Freedom Museum.
The first place winner in each category and their teacher/advisor will receive a $500 prize, and, along with the faculty advisor and one parent or guardian, will be awarded an all-expense-paid trip to Chicago to attend the opening of the special exhibit. A Grand Prize winner will be selected from the four winners of each category, and awarded at the opening event.
McCormick Tribune Freedom Museum Student Expression Contest Eligibility
High school students, grades 9 through 12, at time of entry. Students may attend a high school or be home-schooled and must reside in the continental United States.
All entries should focus on contemporary social, political, and economic issues.
- Students may attend a high school or be home-schooled and must reside in the United States.
- First-place winners from Hawaii and Alaska will receive the cash prize, but will not be flown to Chicago.
- Contest open to U.S. students, grades 9-12, at the time of entry.
- Entries should focus on contemporary social, political and economic issues.
- Students may submit up to two entries per category.
- Group entries will be accepted for the film category only.
- If a group entry is selected as a grand prize winner, the cash award will be split evenly among the group members.
McCormick Tribune Freedom Museum Student Expression Contest Deadline
- Application Deadline : February, 2017
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.