Minority Scholarship Awards 2017 for College Students
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers ( AIChE ) is pleased to announce its annual AIChE Minority Scholarship Award. The award is presented to selected AIChE undergraduate student members annually. AIChE has the breadth of resources and expertise you need whether you are in core process industries or emerging areas, such as translational medicine. An award of $1,000 per student per scholastic year will be given that will be renewable to the following year.
AIChE is the world’s leading organization for chemical engineering professionals, with more than 50,000 members from over 100 countries.
Minority Scholarship Awards Eligibility
- Applicants shall be required to be undergraduates in chemical engineering during the 2017-2018 academic year and be members of a minority group that is under-represented in chemical engineering, i.e., African-American, Hispanic, Native American, Alaskan Native, Pacific Islander.
- Applicants who will complete the chemical engineering baccalaureate degree requirements in the mid-academic year ( i.e., after one semester of one or two quarters ), if successful, will receive prorated awards.
- Candidates who receive the scholarship are expected to join their college’s AIChE Student Chapter.
Minority Scholarship Awards How to Apply
Applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete on-line scholarship application form and upload the supporting documents. The link is: https://chenected.wufoo.com/forms/ms5krl20as33lr/
Minority Scholarship Awards Amount
- Individual awards for the full academic year will be $1,000.
- In addition to this Award, The Outstanding Scholastic Achievement Award that consists of a plaque and $1,500 honorarium may be awarded to eligible applicants. No separate application form is required for that award.
Minority Scholarship Awards Application Deadline
- The application must be submitted on or before 15th August, 2017.