POLITICO FellowshipsScholarships »
- POLITICO is offering one-year fellowships to promising reporters who are committed to developing expertise in political and congressional news coverage.
- The fellowship begins Oct. 1, 2017, and lasts one year. It includes a stipend of at least $35,000 ( commensurate with experience ) plus benefits and includes two weeks paid vacation.
- Fellows will receive intensive mentoring and close editing as they report on Congress, the administration, national political campaigns, lobbying, finance, etc.
- Fellows must remain for the duration of the program. Becoming a fellow does not guarantee later employment at POLITICO.
POLITICO Fellowships Eligibility
- POLITICO will select three reporting fellows from a diverse pool of applicants interested in working as Washington-based journalists covering national politics, Congress, lobbying or one of several domestic policy areas, including energy, technology and defense.
- Candidates must have completed college or graduate school as of June 2010 and may have worked for up to two years at a professional news organization as of Oct. 1, 2017.
- POLITICO is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity. We are very interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified applicants, including members of diverse ethnic groups and women.
POLITICO Fellowships Application Process
Please send a detailed statement describing your experience, strengths and what you hope to gain from a reporting fellowship at POLITICO.
Wed like to hear about previous internships or newsroom experience. Your letter should describe a deep interest in news coverage of politics and domestic policy issues.
Priority will be given to applicants with interest in covering national politics, Congress or domestic policy issues such as energy, environment, defense, finance / economy and health care.
Please include the following in your application materials :
- Rsum ( Please note if you are a member of any student or professional journalism organizations, including the Society of Professional Journalists, National Association of Black Journalists, the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, the Asian American Journalists Association, the South Asian Journalists Association, the Native American Journalists Association, the Association of Capitol Reporters and Editors and others. )
- Three references ( professional and/or academic ) with contact information
- Examples of recent work ( up to four articles )
To apply : Send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: POLITICO Fellowship. For questions or more information, write to Beth Frerking, Assistant Managing Editor, at the same e-mail address, with subject line: POLITICO Fellowship/questions.
No phone calls, please. It is POLITICOs policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
POLITICO Fellowships Application deadline
- Application Deadline : 15th August, 2017