Pennsylvania State University Fellowship 2018
Eligibility requirements, application information, and deadlines for select scholarships for the 2017-18 academic year.
Pennsylvania State University Fellowship Eligibility
- Must be an undergraduate student enrolling at Penn State, University Park who has graduated from Austin Area High School in Austin, PA
- Must demonstrate academic success
- Must demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
Award amount varies with one award given annually and up to 8 semesters.
Applicants must conduct research that centers on or is related to Africa and the African Diaspora. Ideally, applicants will have been awarded the doctorate within the past five years or will earn the doctorate before the start of the Fellowship year. Applications are accepted from all disciplines; however, as the ARC is housed in the College of the Liberal Arts (CLA), preference is afforded to applicants with research that aligns with the CLA departments. For a complete listing of CLA academic departments, please see: Academic Departments in Liberal Arts
Pennsylvania State University Fellowship Application
- To be considered, eligible students should e-mail the Office of Student Aid Scholarship Committee through our email contact page.
- Questions about the program and application process should be directed to the ARC at 814-865-6482 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSU Felloship Selection Process
Applications will be evaluated by a committee composed of the ARC Director and other Penn State faculty. Eight candidates will be invited to campus to participate in the Emerging Scholars Speaker Series (ESSS), during which they will showcase their research and meet with faculty and administrators. The ESSS event takes place in two parts on January 29 and February 5, 2018. Two fellows will be chosen from among the eight ESSS participants for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Pennsylvania State University Fellowship Application Deadline
- Application material will be accepted until 18th August, 2017
- The ESSS event takes place in two parts Post-doctoral : 29th January and 5th February, 2018
314 Shields Building
University Park, PA 16802
Phone No : (814) 865-6301
Website : http://www.psu.edu/