UNIVERSITY UTAH INTERNATIONAL CENTERScholarships »
University of Utah International Center Scholarships
Offers the Liberal Education Scholarships ( twelve every six months ). Students choose an approved program abroad to complete their studies in their chosen field.
The ISSS Scholarship recognizes campus and community engagement and interaction among students and scholars from a diverse set of cultures. Scholarship recipients represent outstanding contributors who, in addition to strong academic performance, make time to participate in the community, with a goal of serving others and promoting engagement and involvement in co-curricular activities among their peers during their time at the U.
University of Utah International Center Scholarships Eligibility
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete at least two semesters at the University of Utah by May 2017
- In the U.S. on an F-1 Visa
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- An undergraduate student in good standing at the University of Utah
- Demonstrate active engagement in the campus and/or community through participation in student clubs, service opportunities, campus programs, and/or community programs and events.
- Not Eligible
- Students sponsored by a sponsoring agency or home country government are not eligible
- Each scholarship is valued at $4,000 and will be applied as a tuition waiver of $2,000 in the Fall of 2017 and $2,000 in the Spring of 2018.
University of Utah International Center Scholarships How to Apply
- Complete the online application form ( it will be open on March 15 )
- Upload an unofficial transcript to the online application from the University of Utah indicating cumulative GPA and courses taken for at least two semesters.
- Go to your CIS ( Campus Information Services )
- Under “Grades” select “View your Unofficial Transcript”
- Select “University of Utah” and “U of U Unofficial Transcript” then “Go”
- Copy and Paste into some form of Word Document / LibreOffice
- Save as a PDF file as “LastNameFirstName_Unoffical Transcript”
- Upload the PDF file to the application form
- Upload a one page, double spaced essay describing your contribution to the campus or local community and why you are deserving on the scholarship.
- A recommendation from a professor, staff member, or community service professional is required. Notify recommender that they will receive an email with further scholarship recommendation instructions, which are due April 7, 2017.
University of Utah International Center Scholarships Date
- Student Applicant Deadline: 31st March, 2017
- Recommendation Form: 7th April, 2017
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT & SERVICES
410 OLPIN UNION,
200 S. CENTRAL CAMPUS DR.
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84112
Website : http://isss.utah.edu