ACRL National Conference Travel Grants for Spectrum Scholars, USA
Scholarship in ACRL National Conference Travel Grants Spectrum Scholars
The ACRL National Conference will be held in historic Philadelphia, May. The ACRL National Travel Grants provide opportunities for Spectrum Scholars to participate in ACRL professional development activities at the conference, to expand their network of colleagues, and to have face-to-face time to build new, or strengthen existing, relationships with mentors participating in the ACRL E.J. Josey Mentoring Program for Spectrum Scholars.
Five (5) awards consisting of complimentary advanced early bird registration ( a value of $95-$375 ) and $600 cash for travel expenses. The application deadline is November ( 11:59 p.m. Central Time ).
ACRL Travel Grants for Spectrum Scholars Eligibility Criteria
- Must be current or past recipient of an ALA Spectrum Scholarship and a first-time attendee at an ACRL National Conference.
- Must be current ACRL student or personal member.
- Previous recipients are not eligible.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
ACRL Travel Grants for Spectrum Scholars Application Process
- Spectrum Scholars should request an ACRL Travel Grant Application by emailing email@example.com.
- All applicants must be current, personal members of ACRL at the time of application and must be recipients of the ALA Spectrum Scholarship.
- A completed ACRL Travel Grant Application includes an application sheet with personal statements, current resume / curriculum vitae, and a Statement of Support. The Statement of Support should be from a supervisor or an LIS professor/dean comment and should address the applicant’s qualifications and how attendance at the ACRL National Conference will benefit them professionally and / or personally. The application and cv must be sent electronically as one document ( one attachment ) and directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Statements of Support can be included in the applicant’s single attachment or submitted separately; they should also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Applicants should not register for the ACRL 15th National
Conference until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds. The discounted early-bird registration rate will be extended for all scholarship applicants until February for those that may not receive a scholarship, but still want to attend.
Deadline for Submission
The deadline for receipt of the application and statement of support is November (11:59 p.m. Central Time).
ACRL Travel Grants for Spectrum Scholars Selection Criteria
The ACRL E.J. Josey Mentoring Program for Spectrum Scholars Committee will select the recipients.
- Recipients will be selected based on their commitment to academic librarianship, their desired learning outcomes for attending the conference, their financial and professional development needs as evidenced from their responses to open-ended questions on the application form.
- The strength of their supporting statement from a supervisor or LIS professor / dean.
- Preference may be given to Spectrum Scholars who have applied for an academic librarianship mentor through the ACRL E.J. Josey Mentoring Program for Spectrum Scholars.