Scholarship in ACRL Virtual Conference
What is the ACRL Virtual National Conference?
This online conference will include live, interactive Webcasts, slidecasts of face-to-face sessions, discussion boards, audio blogs, speaker materials and more.
The event will take place in a dedicated online conference community that will also serve participants attending the event in Philadelphia March -April.
This will afford unique opportunities for collaboration, learning and networking among all conference participants – both live and online. As a virtual conference participant, you won’t ever have to leave your desk.
To provide opportunities for academic and research library support staff to update their skills and knowledge by participating in the ACRL 2011 Virtual National Conference.
- Enhance applicant’s ability to provide excellent services to constituent groups
- Strengthen student applicant’s understanding of and interest in academic librarianship
- Provide applicants with an active, positive interaction with ACRL that will strengthen membership and provide applicants an opportunity to increase their network of colleagues
- Increase participation in ACRL’s online professional development activities
- Increase ACRL’s efforts toward being a more inclusive organization worldwide
Twelve scholarships will be awarded. Each will include complimentary registration (a $185 value) for the ACRL Virtual National Conference. This scholarship provides complimentary registration for the Virtual National Conference online only. There is no computer, Web connection, or technical support included.
You will need a computer system that allows for e-mail and Web browsing.
ACRL Virtual Conference Scholarship Eligibility
Scholarship applicants must be :
- Currently employed in an academic or research library or a full time library school student ( full-time as defined by your institution )
- Recommended by their library dean or director
ACRL Virtual Conference Scholarship Application Process
To be considered, applicants must :
- Obtain a recommendation from your dean/director that can be cut and pasted into your application form ( not to exceed 300 words ).
- Complete the online Virtual Conference Scholarship Application. The application includes a brief description of the applicant’s job responsibilities as well as a description of how participating in the ACRL Virtual National Conference will support their long-term goals ( not to exceed 300 words ).
Only electronic submissions via the Virtual Conference Scholarship Application will be considered. The form does not allow submissions to be saved and resumed.
Prepare your answers and have your dean / director’s recommendation obtained before starting the online application. Please double-check all your answers before pushing the ‘submit’ button.
Deadline for Submission
The application deadline is November ( 11:59 p.m. Central ).
ACRL Virtual Conference Scholarship Selection Criteria
The award committee consists of members of the National Conference Scholarship Committee. The committee will strive to achieve both diversity and balance among scholarship recipients based on the following factors :
- Responses to open-ended questions on the application form
- Dean / director recommendation
- Educational experience, background and geographical diversity
In awarding the scholarships, preference will be given to ACRL Members and particular attention will be given to applicants from remote locations who would not otherwise be able to participate in the ACRL National Conference in Philadelphia.
Preference will be given to individuals who have not previously been awarded an ACRL scholarship. Individuals may only receive one ACRL scholarship per professional development event.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.