Alaska Pacific University Scholarship
The Molly Ahlgren Scholarship was established by the family of Molly Ahlgren and the Alaska Chapter of the American Fisheries Society in 2004 to honor her life and dedication as an Associate Professor of environmental science at Sheldon Jackson College.
Honoring her passion for undergraduate education in fisheries and aquatic sciences, this scholarship provides $2,000 annually to a worthy undergraduate student entering their senior year of studies with the intent of earning a baccalaureate degree in fisheries or aquatic science.
Applicants must meet the following requirements :
- Be entering their senior year of study at the University of Alaska or Alaska Pacific University in the disciplines of fisheries or aquatic science
- Demonstrate potential for future contributions to a fisheries or aquatic science related profession
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a member of the American Fisheries Society or in the membership submission process.
Application Criteria and process :
- Applicants must be a member of the American Fisheries Society or have submitted 2010 membership materials by the time of application. AFS member number should be placed on application if current member in good standing.
- Applicants must have a major field of study related to fisheries or aquatic science.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate student entering their senior year and be in good standing at the University of Alaska or Alaska Pacific University.
- Applicants must submit an application package that contains each of the following:
A. Application form
- A brief description of the student’s degree program and the anticipated date of completion.
- A statement of the applicant’s career goals and reasons for applying for the scholarship.
Application deadline for Alaska Pacific University Scholarship : 18 October 2010