Scholarship in Alexander Hollander Distinguished Post-Doctoral
Sponsored by DOE’s Office of Biological & Environmental Research, and administered by Oak Ridge Institute for Science & Education, this fellowship allows postdocs to conduct research at national laboratories in the fields of life science, biomedical, and environmental sciences.
Alexander Hollander Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship Eligibility / Requirements
Bachelor of Science degree in :
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Optical Engineering
- Other disciplines as deemed critical by Sandia National Laboratories
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 / 4.0
- Qualify to attend specific graduate school for specific specialty content areas.
- Available to spend a minimum of two months working at Sandia prior to entering the program.
- U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Alexander Hollander Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship Selection of Candidates
* Candidate will apply to specific job postings for consideration, www.sandia.gov/careers.
- Selections of successful candidates is based on the technical needs of specific technical organizations at the labs and a criteria-focused matrix of academic standing, experience, leadership qualities, honors and faculty recommendations.
- Each candidate’s research interest and preference in position will determine organizational placement of the MFP candidate.
- Pursue a graduate degree on a full-time basis while remaining on roll but being absent from Sandia
- Annual stipend
- Full-time regular employee benefits while in the program with the exception of vacation accrual
- Payment of tuition and tuition associated costs without annual cap, paid directly to the university
- Relocation benefits
- One four day / three night campus visit to finalize program of study and secure housing
- Upon successful completion, return to Sandia as a Member of the Technical Staff.
The application deadline for fellows is 5th December of the year prior to the October start date.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.