Alexander Hollander Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship, USA
Scholarship in Alexander Hollander Distinguished Post-Doctoral
Sponsored by DOE’s Office of Biological & Environmental Research, and administered by Oak Ridge Institute for Science & Education, this fellowship allows postdocs to conduct research at national laboratories in the fields of life science, biomedical, and environmental sciences.
Alexander Hollander Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship Eligibility / Requirements
Bachelor of Science degree in :
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Optical Engineering
- Other disciplines as deemed critical by Sandia National Laboratories
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 / 4.0
- Qualify to attend specific graduate school for specific specialty content areas.
- Available to spend a minimum of two months working at Sandia prior to entering the program.
- U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Alexander Hollander Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship Selection of Candidates
* Candidate will apply to specific job postings for consideration, www.sandia.gov/careers.
- Selections of successful candidates is based on the technical needs of specific technical organizations at the labs and a criteria-focused matrix of academic standing, experience, leadership qualities, honors and faculty recommendations.
- Each candidate’s research interest and preference in position will determine organizational placement of the MFP candidate.
- Pursue a graduate degree on a full-time basis while remaining on roll but being absent from Sandia
- Annual stipend
- Full-time regular employee benefits while in the program with the exception of vacation accrual
- Payment of tuition and tuition associated costs without annual cap, paid directly to the university
- Relocation benefits
- One four day / three night campus visit to finalize program of study and secure housing
- Upon successful completion, return to Sandia as a Member of the Technical Staff.
The application deadline for fellows is 5th December of the year prior to the October start date.