American Meteorological Society – AMS Graduate Fellowship
AMS / INDUSTRY / GOVERNMENT GRADUATE FELLOWSHIPS are sponsored by industry leaders and government agencies and are designed to attract promising young scientists to prepare for careers in the atmospheric and related oceanic and hydrologic fields.
Eligibility Requirements for American Meteorological Society – AMS Graduate Fellowship :
- Applicants must be entering their first year of graduate school in the fall of 2010 and provide evidence of acceptance as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. institution at the time of the award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in the atmospheric or related sciences.
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0-point scale.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold permanent resident status. No age restriction exists.
Evaluation and Selection :
The evaluation of applicants will be based on applicant’s performance as an undergraduate student, including academic records, recommendations, and Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) scores. Selection will be made by the AMS Executive Committee. The AMS does not prepare written evaluations of either successful or unsuccessful candidates.
A $24,000 stipend will be presented to each fellowship recipient for a nine-month period in the 2011 / 2012 academic year. In addition, fellowship recipients will receive partial travel support to attend the AMS Annual Meeting.
Application Procedures for American Meteorological Society – AMS Graduate Fellowship :
Applicants must complete all 6 sections of the application and provide three written references, official transcripts and GRE score reports.
- Completed applications and written references will be accepted via e-mail at dFernandez@ametsoc.org or via postal mail to the address below Please save completed application and attach to email.
- GRE Scores and official transcripts must be submitted via postal mail. AMS GRE Institution code 3819.
AMS Fellowship Program,
45 Beacon Street,
Boston, MA 02108.
Application deadline for American Meteorological Society – AMS Graduate Fellowship : 11 February 2011