The American School of Classical Studies at Athens – ASCSA Scholarships 2013
The American School of Classical Studies offers Jacob Hirsch Followships for PhD Students in the field of Archaeology, Greece 2013 / 14.
Study Subject ( s ) : This Scholarship is available for Archaeology Subject.
Course Level : This Scholarship is for PhD program.
Scholarship Provider : The American School of Classical Studies.
Scholarship can be taken at : Greece.
Eligibility for ASCSA Scholarship :
- Students in the US or Israel.
- Who are PhD candidates writing their dissertations in archaeology or recent PhD’s completing a project.
- Such as the revision of a dissertation for publication, which requires a lengthy residence in Greece.
ASCSA Scholarship Open for International Students :
- ASCSA Scholarship is open for US and Israel Students.
ASCSA Scholarship Description :
- The American School of Classical Studies at Athens advances knowledge of Greece in all periods, as well as other areas of the classical world, by training young scholars, sponsoring and promoting archaeological fieldwork, providing resources for scholarly work, and disseminating research.
- The ASCSA is also charged by the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Tourism with primary responsibility for all American archaeological research, and seeks to support the investigation, preservation, and presentation of Greece’s cultural heritage.
- Tenure of awards : Commensurate with the School’s academic year, from early September to June 1.
- Value : Cash stipend of $11,500 plus room, board and waiver of fees. A final report is due at the end of the award period.
ASCSA Selection Criteria :
- Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements for Associate Membership at the School.
- Notification : The award will be announced March 15, 2013.
ASCSA Scholarship Application Form :
- ASCSA Scholarship online application for Associate Membership.
ASCSA Scholarship Application Deadline : 15th January, 2013.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.