AMS Undergraduate Named Scholarship
Eligibility Requirements for AMS Undergraduate Named Scholarship :
- Applicants must be entering their final year of undergraduate study in the fall of 2011 and provide evidence of acceptance as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. institution at the time of the award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in the atmospheric or related sciences.
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0-point scale.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold permanent resident status. No age restriction exists.
Evaluation and Selection :
The evaluation of applicants will be based on applicant’s performance as an undergraduate student, including academic records and recommendations. Final selections will be made by the AMS Executive Committee. The AMS does not prepare written evaluations of either successful or unsuccessful candidates.
Number and amount of scholarships vary.
Application Procedures for AMS Undergraduate Named Scholarship :
- Applicants must complete all 5 sections of the application (section #6 must be completed if applying for the Schroeder Scholarship) and provide three written references and official transcripts. All applications and supporting materials must be received by the postmark deadline has passed.
Submission of Application Materials :
Completed applications and written references will be accepted via e-mail at dFernandez@ametsoc.org or via postal mail to the address below Please save completed application and attach to email.
# Official transcripts must be submitted via postal mail.
AMS Scholarship Program,
45 Beacon Street,
Boston, MA 02108
Application deadline for AMS Undergraduate Named Scholarship : 11 February 2011