APSA Minority Fellowship
The APSA Minority Fellows program is designed primarily for minority students applying to enter a doctoral program in POLITICAL SCIENCE. Additional eligibility criteria include :
- Applicants must be members of one of the following racial/ethnic minority groups: African Americans, Asian Pacific Americans, Latinos / as, and Native Americans (federal and state recognized tribes)
- Applicants must be college/university seniors, college/university graduates, or students currently enrolled in a Master’s Program applying for doctoral study at another political science program / institution
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in teaching and potential for research in political science
- Applicant must be a United States citizen at time of award
- 2011-2012 APSA Minority Fellows Program Checklist and Application (MS Word)
- A personal statement (maximum 500 words)
- An official transcript
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or others who can speak directly to your skills and knowledge of political science and potential for graduate study in political science
- GRE scores (for more info, visit www.ets.org/gre).
- The APSA Institution Code for the GRE is 3527.
Applications are currently being accepted. The application deadline for the current cycle is October 8, 2010. Applicants must submit the following application materials (postmarked by October 8, 2010).