Asian Development Bank-Government of Japan Scholarship
Study Subject : Architecture, Business Administration,Economics etc.
Employer : East west center
Level : Bachelor or Masters
The Asian Development Bank-Government of Japan (ADB) Scholarship offers one location for study in the United States, at the East-West Center and the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa, located in Honolulu, Hawaii. Since its founding in 1960, when the U.S. Congress established the East-West Center (EWC) as an education and research institution to strengthen relations and understanding among the nations and peoples of Asia, the Pacific and the United States, the Center has promoted the development of a peaceful, prosperous, and just Asia Pacific community through programs of cooperative study, training, and research.
The need for regional cooperation and community building among nations has never been greater.
This is an era of increasing social, economic, and technological interdependence in which leaders in every arena must possess regional literacy, knowledge based on multi-cultural perspectives, and a shared sense of community.
Eligibility for Asian Development Bank-Government of Japan Scholarship :
Recipients of these highly competitive scholarships must be citizens of developing countries that are members of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and have the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree and two full years of work experience.
The ADB Scholarship is approved for study in architecture, business administration, economics, geography, law (LL.M. degree only), natural resources and environmental management, ocean and resources engineering, oceanography, Pacific Islands studies, public administration, sociology, tropical plant and soil science, and urban and regional planning. Participants may also pursue the specialized Japan-focused master of business administration (JEMBA).
To determine citizenship eligibility, visit www.adb.org for a list of current ADB member countries.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a developing member country of the Asian Development Bank.
- Applicants must have a 4-year bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a 4-year bachelor’s degree, at the time of application. (An equivalent could be a 3-year bachelor’s degree plus a 1-year master’s degree, or a 2-year bachelor’s degree plus a 2-year master’s degree. This is subject to review.)
- Applicants must have a Master’s degree that is equivalent to a U.S. Master’s degree to apply for Doctoral studies.
- Applicants must have at least 2 full years of professional work experience at the time of application.
- Applicants must take one of the English proficiency tests; the minimum acceptable scores are 550 for TOEFL or 6.0 for IELTS.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants who have earned or studied abroad for a degree, or may be seeking a second master’s or second doctorate degree are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadline for Asian Development Bank-Government of Japan Scholarship : 1 November 2010
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.