Bisk Foundation Teacher Education Scholarship in Education Programs
The University of Scranton, in partnership with Bisk, is pleased to offer the Bisk Foundation Teacher Education Scholarship program. This scholarship program supports the ongoing career and professional development of teachers who have already made a difference in the lives of others.
The program awards eight (8) scholarships annually and pays 25% of tuition costs through graduation. The scholarships, open to first-time applicants to The University of Scranton, are awarded to new students enrolling Master of Science in Education in Curriculum and Instruction or Educational Administration programs. Scholarships are awarded in these sessions: Spring B, Summer A, Summer B and Fall B.
Bisk Foundation Teacher Education Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for a Bisk Foundation Teacher Education Scholarship, the following criteria must be met :
Prospective student must be a first-time student with The University of Scranton’s online Master of Science programs.
Submit both the program application and the Bisk Foundation Teacher Education Scholarship application by the appropriate deadlines.
The prospective applicant must submit a written essay explanation demonstrating how he / she has made a difference in the lives of others. Applicant should include all awards, recognitions, etc., received as it relates to teaching; including attainment of National Board Certification, if applicable. The essay shall be no more than 750 words.
The prospective applicant must submit a written recommendation on school district letterhead of no more than 500 words from the principal of school where teaching, including contact details for principal ( minimum – phone number and email address ).
Scholarship applicant must have at least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate grade point average ( GPA ) from a regionally accredited school, regardless of when course credits were earned; or, be a graduate of a regionally accredited master’s, specialist or doctoral program in which a cumulative graduate GPA of at least a 3.0 was earned.
To maintain eligibility for the Bisk Foundation Teacher Education Scholarship, students must maintain good standing with The University of Scranton’s online program, including :
- Student must remain in good academic and financial standing throughout their entire degree program.
- Student must be an active student as defined by The University of Scranton.
- Student must demonstrate university standards related to ethical and professional behaviors.
Bisk Foundation Teacher Education Scholarship Application Form
- The scholarship application submission deadline is at 11:59 p.m. EST the Sunday prior to the program application deadline for each session.
- The University of Scranton will determine the scholarships awarded.
- The scholarship recipients will be selected within five business days after the application deadlines. The Dean shall send a written notification and email to the recipients.
- Bisk will apply the scholarship automatically each time a student enrolls in a course.
- A scholarship is non-transferable. Scholarship recipients may not combine scholarship funds with other tuition offers or discounts.
- Scholarship winners agree to allow The University of Scranton and Bisk to use part or all of their applications and essays in marketing campaigns, press releases and on the website, and agree to sign additional documentation as necessary to grant The University of Scranton and Bisk appropriate permissions for such use.
Attach this application to your essay and principal recommendation and submit this package via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 570-941-5819. Candidate may also mail your completed scholarship application to the following :
The University of Scranton
Office of the Registrar and Academic Services
Attention, Dr. Lisa LoBasso
800 Linden St
227 O’Hara Hall
Scranton, PA 18510.
Bisk Foundation Teacher Education Scholarship Important Dates
Applications for the Teacher Education Scholarship must be completed and submitted by the following dates :
|1||Special Fall 2017, Part B||1st October, 2017 ( By 11:59 PM EST )|
|2||Special Spring 2018, Part B||18th February, 2018 ( By 11:59 PM EST )|
|3||Special Summer 2018, Part A||22nd April, 2018 ( By 11:59 PM EST )|
|4||Special Summer 2018, Part B||17th June, 2018 ( By 11:59 PM EST )|
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.