Brass Life Scholarship
The Foundation is seeking student applications for the $15,000 Lorin and Mary Brass LIFE (Leadership Involvement Foreign Experience) Award.
This is the fourth year for the Brass LIFE Award, which will provide funds for a student to study abroad for at least one semester.
Lorin and Mary Brass established the scholarship to emphasize the importance of campus leadership and international education experience for students, two areas that greatly impacted their lives.
There will be one $15,000 scholarship awarded each academic year, with the funds being available to the scholarship recipient starting in the Fall 2011 semester.
- Recipient will receive $5,000 per semester for a total of three semesters.
- Funds for at least one semester must be used to study abroad through an approved SDSM&T study abroad program, preferably with recipient earning credit for their international experience. (contact Suzie Aadland for approved programs – 394-6884)
- Recipient must be a rising junior or senior engineering student
- Recipient must have at least a 3.0 cumulative SDSM&T grade point average
- First preference will be given to U.S. citizens
- Must complete application and return to Valerie Olney in the Foundation by Monday, October 25, 2010
Application Deadline for Brass Life Scholarship : Monday 25th Oct, 2010