Bravewell Fellowship Program, USAScholarships » USA »
The Bravewell Fellowship is designed for those who have, an interest in integrative medicine and the potential to have an impact on improving the service and delivery of health care and increasing the health and wellbeing of patients.
The University of Arizona’s Center for Integrative Medicine is partnering with the Bravewell Collaborative to support the Bravewell Fellowship program.
The Bravewell Fellowship combines the rigorous and rich curricula of the U of A’s Fellowship for Integrative Medicine (UAFIM) with a supervised clinical experience at a Bravewell Clinical Network center and creates a network of high achieving integrative medicine practitioners.
The Bravewell Fellowship is designed to enhance the integrative medical education of emerging leaders of medicine. Bravewell is recruiting medical practitioners with a demonstrated interest in making a lasting impact within the field of medicine.
This fellowship is available to physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants who will begin the UAFIM program in January 2011 and graduate in December 2012.
Interested applicants must contact a Bravewell Clinical Network center to receive a Letter of Endorsement as a requirement of submitting an application. Applicants and clinical sites are encouraged to incorporate a connection / partnership with a community health center within the clinical experience.
The Bravewell Fellowship covers the UAFIM tuition, provides a supervised 120-hour clinical experience at a Bravewell Clinical Network center, and covers the lodging for three 1.5-day Bravewell Fellow Gathering events which immediately precede the UAFIM Residential Week programs in Tucson, Arizona.
Additional costs associated with Fellowship studies including supplemental learning materials, travel, and UAFIM Residential Week lodging and other incidental expenses are not covered by the Bravewell Fellowship and are the responsibility of the Bravewell Fellow.
Additionally the recipients will be expected to :
- Adhere to the curricular schedule outlined in the program. This commitment includes an average of 8-10 hours of weekly online and/or other learning for the duration of the program. Fellows are required to stay current with coursework.
- Attend all three required Residential Weeks and preceding Bravewell Fellow Gatherings in Tucson, the first of which will be held in February 2011. (Bravewell Fellow Gatherings are scheduled in Tucson for the 1.5 days immediately preceding each residential week.)
- Complete a minimum of 120 hours of supervised clinical experience at a Bravewell Clinical Network center.
- Complete a report within one year after graduating from the Fellowship indicating how you have utilized the information and experiences from the Fellowship to impact the field of medicine with integrative medicine.
How to Apply for Bravewell Fellowship
Step 1 : Candidates for the Bravewell Fellowship must submit of letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org stating name, contact information and the Clinical Network center location you will be contacting for a Letter of Endorsement. A Bravewell Fellowship Application will then be sent to you.
Step 2 : Candidates must complete a Bravewell Fellowship Application which requires the following materials and actions :
- A completed and signed Bravewell Fellowship Application Form.
- A completed online University of Arizona Fellowship in Integrative
Medicine application using the special Bravewell Fellowship application link provided on the Bravewell Fellowship Application which includes :
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Statement of Purpose. The Bravewell Fellowship is awarded based on the recipients’ potential to lead change within the field of medicine by incorporating the tenets of integrative medicine.
The statement should describe your vision of your medical career, including the areas in which you plan to focus-practice, research, academics, etc.-and how your background and experience prepared you to be a leader of integrative medicine.
– Letter of Endorsement.
A Letter of Endorsement from the Bravewell Clinical Network where the applicant intends to complete the clinical experience is required.
The most effective letters will outline how the applicant will be supported by the clinical site’s senior staff and how the applicant’s professional and learning goals will be met through the minimum 120-hour clinical experience.
Applicants and clinical sites are encouraged to incorporate a connection / partnership with a community health center within the clinical experience.
Step 3 : Submit a completed Bravewell Fellowship Application via mail or email by November 1, 2010.
Mail: Bravewell Fellowship
The Bravewell Collaborative
1818 Oliver Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Applicants will be notified of selection by the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine on December 1, 2010. The Bravewell Fellowship begins January 2011.